*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2027050-Introductions-for-Shania
by Insane
Rated: E · Draft · Action/Adventure · #2027050
Just a small draft introduction of a character of mine.
Wind howled through empty wooden homes, through glass windows were busted out leaving, littered, glittering shards on the dusty ground. Paint chipped off porches and doors. A ghost town? No sighs of life could be spotted at first glance.

Except a woman wearing a tattered cloak over leather armory shielding her eyes and skin from the harsh gusts of wind. She was tiered and her pace showed it shuffling steps and a hunched form accented her exhaustion.

The hood blew off letting brown unruly locks of hair free. Struggling the woman cursed as she tried to get her hood back up her bangs blocking a lot of her vision as they danced wildly in her face. In her struggles she fell back on the dirt road and jumped as one of her daggers sheathes hit her rather hard on her butt. "Now I think we've had this talk," the woman huffed her voice a bit hoarse from a dry throat and the howling winds.

The woman stopped and just sat there for a moment. Was she really so desperate that she was talking to her weapons like they were real? After calming she darted into a broken house to avoid being beaten by more of the wind. It was tiny all the house looked to be in one room but she was just looking for a place to hide from the wind and rest for a time, so it would do.

Taking off the cloak the woman proved to be well armed two swords were concealed in an off white clothe bound with chains two daggers on her hips and one on the guard of each leg. The leather armory skirt only went mid thigh her knee down was uncovered not even boots were on her feet. Her leather breast piece was just that it covered her chest if she were not wearing a tunic underneth her stomach would be exposed. Light armor often had the disadvantage of coverage but she seemed to not even care as she took off the armor leaving only the tunic and her shorts.

she sat on a disheveled bed and coughed as a cloud of dirt and dust billowed from the mattress and blankets the smell of old dust and musty dampness hit her nose making her sneeze once more. "This place has been abandoned for a while," She mused to herself. She scanned the room and saw open broken counters a table with only three legs an empty wardrobe and a once functional wood stove. "not much to work with either." she said.

Humming to herself she began to brush out her hair just as an infuriating gust of wind blasted into the broken windowed house and she cursed falling right off the bed rather comically.
© Copyright 2015 Insane (insane5104 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2027050-Introductions-for-Shania