*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2028297-Roxi
Rated: 18+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #2028297
Roxi meets her new friend Malcolm.
Chapter 2

         It is nighttime here in the human world, and it seems like there is no one in sight. Aside from the truck driver, I haven't seen any humans. I have to find one to help me soon before the sun comes up. Humans tend not to like it when another one is naked for some reason. As I turn into an alley, I heard loud yelling and crashing in front of me. I see three humans standing in a circle over another one on the ground. The one on the ground screams. "Ow! Stop it! I didn't do anything to you bastards!" The three humans begin to laugh and continue kicking the one on the ground. They are hurting that human! I get really mad and walk over to them. "Stop hur-ting him." I cannot understand why these humans would want to hurt another one like that, but I am not going to let that happen. They all turn around, still smiling. "Well, here now. Who's this? Is this your girlfriend, Malcolm?" The one in the middle says. He looks quite tall for a human, with broad shoulders and large muscles. The humans next to him look like half-sized replicas. One of the smaller ones says, "Hey look, George, she's naked!" "So she is. Are you a whore, pretty mama?" Whore? I don't remember what that is. I do know that is not good however, from the way he said it. I decide if I want to protect the human on the ground I have to make these ones go away. The best method is probably to scare them. I think of the human with the truck. Maybe I should change into something really strange, so they will really run away. I decide on a form, and close my eyes. My body starts getting really hot. Jagged stones form over my skin. I decide to keep my hair and it becomes a river of molten lava, flowing from my head down over my entire body. The lava does not go onto the ground however. I don't want to risk the human down there. The three human's eyes go wide, and they try to step back, almost stepping on the human. I decide to take it up a notch and I scream in a demonic voice, "LEAVE NOW AND NEVER BOTHER THIS HUMAN AGAIN." It definitely worked because all three ran for their lives. I quickly change back to a human and kneel by the human on the ground. The big human George said his name was... Malcolm? I quickly sense that some of his ribs are broken, as well as his right leg and his nose. I roll him on his back and gently place my hands over his sternum to have decent leverage and a better connection. He is unconscious, which is good because this is going to hurt. I close my eyes and focus on the calcium in his bones. Since it is not all calcium bones are very difficult to maneuver, but with enough power and patience they can be properly reset. As I set the bones Malcom cries out in pain. "Do not move Malcolm. If you move I could puncture your skin." He must be awake now because he seems to have heard me. After several moments of setting his bones I am done, satisfied that they will heal properly. I fuse the calcium together in each bone so small movements won't re break it. I open my eyes and I notice he is staring at me. "Oh good, you're awake. I've set your bones and re hardened them, but they will still hurt for a while so be careful." He simply lays there staring at me. Even though I know he can walk now, I decide it might be a good idea to pick him up and carry him back home so he doesn't get hurt again. Now that he is out of danger, I notice that he is around 17 years old, with soft brown hair and pretty brown eyes. Attractive enough for a young human I suppose. I place my arms under his shoulders and his knees and gently lift him off of the ground. He is still staring at me as I walk out of the alley. "Which way should I go?" I say, hoping he understands what I mean. After a brief moment he says, "I live just a couple blocks from here. Just go right and I'll tell you which one it is." So I turn right and walk down the street in silence, still holding him as gently as possible. Helping humans is different than I imagined it. I never realized that I would have to save humans from other humans, which is silly because they have always been aggressive towards each other. He finally looks away from me to scan the houses to my right. After a few minutes he says, "Alright, stop. It's this one." As I walk over to his front door he says, "Wait. My parents don't know I'm gone. They'll kill me if they see me. And I don't think you should meet them as you are now." "Which window goes to your room?" He tells me, and I shift him onto my one arm. "Wait, what are you doing?" Raising my left arm, I jump up and grab on to the windowsill. I pull both of us up into the window and use my powers to open it. As I set him on his bed, He stares at me with awe. "Just what are you?" As I cover him up, I tell him, "There isn't a name for what I am. But you can call me Roxi."

© Copyright 2015 Moira Amelia Lockhart (sweetpsycho97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2028297-Roxi