*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2028793-The-Exes
Rated: 18+ · Assignment · Contest Entry · #2028793
Jenn's ex Chris
Jenn was glad to have Matt escort her to the fair. She knew it was not his favorite way to spend his Saturday, but it just wouldn’t be fun by herself. She was also glad to have him as a buffer between her and her most recent ex, Chris.

Chris charmed her when they first met. He was kind and gentle when he spoke to her and touched her. He changed after they had sex for the first time. It was not just her first time with him, but her first time in general. He was kind and gentle during, and even attentive for a while afterwards, but after a while he became neglectful of her. He preferred to spend time with someone else, and when they were away from each other for extended periods of time Jenn would be the one to initiate contact. She would try to set up a date of some kind, but he would come up with an excuse like he had to work.

Jenn tried not to complain to Matt, but he was just such a good listener. After she would get done listing everything Chris did wrong Matt would simply say “he’s just not into you” or “you should dump him and find someone who appreciates you”. Unfortunately, at the time Matt was taken. He always seemed to be taken when Jenn was available or about to become available, and she would always be taken when he was available. It was almost like fate was taunting them.

When Chris finally broke things off with Jenn he did it in the rudest way possible. Instead of coming right out and saying “hey this isn’t working for me” he avoided her. When she confronted him about his behavior he turned it around on her. He insulted her, and then left her sitting on her dorm room floor in tears. When she informed Matt about how Chris treated her he was over to her dorm in a flash. He pulled her off the floor and took her out for an evening of frivolity that almost found them in bed together. Matt knew she was hurting so he politely refused her, and promised he would go to bed with her if and when she propositioned him with a clear head and sound mind.

Chris and Jenn would meet at events after they were no longer a couple. Jenn would do her best to avoid him, but he would occasionally catch her at a week moment. They would have a weekend of fun in the sack, but on Monday Chris would leave promising to call. He never did call, and Jenn would get depressed. Once again Matt would have to pull her out of her depression and remind her she deserved better.

Chris would most likely be at the fair, but this time Jenn would have her best friend and confidant to keep her grounded.

© Copyright 2015 Vixey Todd (jlh1982 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2028793-The-Exes