*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2029102-The-Fears
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Contest Entry · #2029102
Jenn/Gwenn's Fears
The Fears
Write a scene in which your character must face their worst fear; the one that has crippled them since time immemorial. Do this without dialogue, please. I want to get inside that character's head. Whether they overcome that fear is up to you.

Questions to Consider
What is this fear? Keep in mind that this is a ROOT FEAR, not something like spiders. So, digging deep down inside, which of the few root fears is really at the heart of your character?
How does this fear affect them? Some people freeze, other people are galvanized by their fears, others crumble completely.
Does your character know or understand the heart of this fear and where it came from, or is it a fear beyond understanding?

Jenn grew accustomed to the fantasy world Morgan thrust her into, and accepted her role as Gwenn. She allowed Lyra to teach her magic, and became quite proficient. Her relationship with Taurus developed into something more than just protector and protected. She made friends with Biarric, Cortan, and Kael. Zev, well she learned to tolerate his existence.

In spite of aclomating to her new life she still encountered the same terrifying nightmare of her and Matrim dying at Lady Briann’s hands. It would always be the same; Matrim would dance with her on the night of his sixteenth birthday, he would confess his love for her, and then Brianne would cast the spell that would drain them of their lives. Each night she would wake from this dream gasping for air and having to remember where she was. Taurus would comfort her back to sleep, and then she would dream of a past life event involving herself and Matrim.

Those dreams brought her the realization of two fears. The first was that she would never see Matrim again, and the second was when she did find Matrim Lady Brianne would be there to separate them yet again by killing her.
© Copyright 2015 Vixey Todd (jlh1982 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2029102-The-Fears