*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2029694-My-40-Years-of-SNL
Rated: 18+ · Editorial · Comedy · #2029694
The several week marathon of Saturday Night Live has brought back my happy memories.
February 2015 finds cable station VH1 Classic running 40 years of Saturday Night Live Shows in marathon form. I caught a few of the 2000 shows last week. Today I'm watching shows from the early 1990s. Several times during the marathon, I've been shaken by a case of cold chills, making me realize how much the show and players have meant to me for the past 40 years.

When SNL began in the 1970's I was in college. I grew up with the show, clung to my favorite players, even after their deaths, and I spun my years with a heavy measure of Saturday Night Live woven in--for laughs and poignant memories. I just turned 60. I feel content with my age. If SNL has been around 40 years, I'll be glad to admit I was there from start to present. Single, dating, married, divorced, broke, struggling, determined to succeed in life, lost and floundering for stability, SNL has always given me a reason to laugh and feel good about life. Saturday Night Live presents skits that make us laugh at ourselves and our precious American cultural history.
© Copyright 2015 a Sunflower in Texas (patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2029694-My-40-Years-of-SNL