*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2029700-Day-8-Erasure
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Biographical · #2029700
Soundtrack of My Life Erasure Blue Savannah
I stood in the dimly lit bar. Bars held no interest for me; I was there because my girlfriend was driving. We were miles from home, staying at a family vacation house. She had the car, so I went wherever she did.

We entered the bar, purchased drinks, and sat at a table. Within five minutes, Sadie* was reading back issues of newspapers. When I realized that was all that was going to happen, I prepared to be really bored.

I wandered into an adjoining room, and watched two people play eight-ball. When the game ended, one of the players, Lisa, spoke to me. After a few minutes, she pleaded for a ride home. I asked Sadie if we could give her a lift. Sadie wound up agreeing to drive her home. After some conversation about how new she was to the area and a few wrong turns, we dropped her at her door.

Sadie then told me Lisa had been interested in me, and the penny dropped. A gay bar. Right, that's where we were all right. Chalk one up for naïveté. I don't remember anymore precisely what was said, but I do remember one thing clearly. When I stood there talking to Lisa, the Erasure song "Blue Savannah" was playing over the sound system.


* The story is true, but the names have been changed. No one has been outed.
© Copyright 2015 Whiskerfacebythefireplace (whiskerface at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2029700-Day-8-Erasure