*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2030911-Unexpected-Species
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Mystery · #2030911
Ralph and Jimmy. Two southern boys experiencing something new.
"Hey Ralph, you ever see a critter like that?" Jimmy asks with a rather strong southern drawl.

"How can I NOT see it!? It's right in front of both of us, Mr. Brilliant." replies Ralph with an equally strong southern melody.

"Sooooo... what do you think? What the hell is it?" Jimmy's impatience is famous in these here parts.

"Now, Jimmy. How in tarnation do you figure that I'd know any better 'an you!?" Ralph was getting annoyed with his buddy.

"Well I'm just wonderin' if ya think it would be ok if we touched it. You know, just to have a look-see?" Jimmy's curiosity is also famous.

"Well you go right ahead, Jimmy, and do that if you think that'll stop your mouth from flappin' so dadburn much." Ralph anxiously watches.

"Wooooo-We! Look, Ralph! It's all gooey and...."


-----------------------------------------

As always, feedback of any kind is welcome!

This was an experiment in the use of dialogue to tell a story.
© Copyright 2015 River2Horses (river2horses at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2030911-Unexpected-Species