*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2031438-Where-the-Rainbow-Ends
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Doll11
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #2031438
I get to treasure hunt with Agent Tanga and Nabeel in fiji at my grandparents farm.
Something warm and soft is nuzzling my toe. I move my foot away.It follows! Huh?

"Gavin!" I whisper.

Ouch she bit me!



Gavin's my grandparents  cat. She always wants to cuddle and play. Usually Gavin doesnt come to me.She always tags along with my sister Inaayah but Inaayah hasn’t arrived from Australia.

Did u know my mum saved Gavin from a flooded river! Since then she has become everyone's favourite pet.



Mmmm I can smell the the Fiji smell, the warmth and the humidity in the air. Its like no other.The birds are chirpy and that silly rooster is so noisy. Did u know farm roosters are like the alarm clock? The only problem is they come on even when it’s still dark - like 4am! And there  no switch off button !



I live in Australia but love coming to Fiji for my summer holidays.My parent’s and sister are yet to arrive.It was so much fun flying alone. And now I get 1 extra week in Fiji.



I’m so excited to be here.Well, this summer will be a bit boring because my brother Ziyak is busy as he is getting married. I will have to find something to do by myself.My favourite of all is playing lego Ninjago,minecraft supermario spintop and treasure hunting.I got my metal detector .I can begin treasure hunting tomorrow. Grandpa says there’s gold on his property and I can be the first to find it.



Knock knock! Yeah! its nabeel my cousin and mixel our dog.They dives straight into the bed and tickle me."stop, stop" I cry, trying to catch my breath

Mixel licks me all over. Oh boy.Its so nice to see these guys.



"Come on,let’s have brekkie and get going," says Nabeel.

Woof Woof agrees mixel



Grandma has made hot roti and eggs. My absolute favourite. And, a lot of other foods.Just like a feast for a king.



I think my tummy is going to explode from so much food.





And her questions!

She has millions of questions



It goes like this-How’s mummy, hows your sister, how’s your dad, are you OK, are u cold, are u hot.

She is so funny

"Grandma, that’s  600 thousand questions"



"It’s good to have you back boyo," she smiles. And hands us our picnic bag.

With a kiss and a hug we set off for the river that runs  through the farm.

"Get home before grandpa does.He has  been waiting for you,"she yells



Finally we set foot on the dirt road that leads to the  fields.

He has lots of sugar cane fields stretching to the moutain.And its a very special mountain. It’s got a giant rock which actually looks a giants tooth, grandpa says a giant used to live here in the olden days .The giant ate 99 people and was trying to catch the 100th when he fell and died. His tooth remains as a giant rock. Whenever there’s a rainbow it stretches across the village  and ends near the giant’s tooth. I wonder if there treasure at the end of that rainbow. Maybe it’s the stolen treasures from the giants time.



Grandpa doesn’t mind us roaming around the farm as long as we follow THE one rule.DO NOT GO BEYOND  THE RIVER



"What’s on the other side on the river," Nabeel?

"Nothing, just more farms" replies Nabeel kicking a stone.





"Really, then why aren’t we allowed to got there?"



"Just because," He  shrugged.



The river has little shrimps. They hide under the rocks and only come when no one is around .I can sit here and watch them all day. I have tried a million times but never caught one in my hand, they always escape my palm. Most of the river running through the farm is surrounded by Raintrees.You can see patches of blue sky through the raintree canopy. If you close your eyes you hear crickets xxx frogs xxxx and water running through the rocks. This used to be my mums favourite place when she was a kid. Today we see colourful dragonflies skim the water. We sit silently watching them move with such speed and grace.



"Woof woof" Mixel raced across the river



"Mixel come back," Nabeel raced after him .I raced after them my heart thudding. This was the forbidden side



"Quiet Mixel, sit," ordered Nabeel

We sat quietly.



"What is it Nabeel," I whispered

"Look," he pointed to a camp hidden in the bushes.

"Someone’s inside,He whispered.



"Lets go,i think I know who it could be,"he said.



I’m so glad I came with Nabeel. He knows everything about this farm



Just then a man walked out. "Hi Nabeel,and you must be Raeese,he said.



Oh great, so he knows us.I signed with relief. His tent was full of gadgets and stuff.I was pretty sure he was a spy of some sort.









"I’m Agent kanga.I'm a spy/detective.I'm doing some work on the hilltop so I’m camping out here for a few nites.Don't worry your grandfather knows," he laughed.His tent was full of gadgets and stuff.I was pretty sure he was a spy of some sort.



On the mountain? Oh wow near the giants tooth ? I couldn't hide my excitement.



"Can we come too,please.Can I bring my metal detector too? Nana said there’s gold there,"I said in a hurry.



Ha ha Agent Tanga  laughed.



"Yes of course you can .Run home now and get your  grandmas permission.Be here at 8am tomorrow or I will leave without you guys,"He growled.



We raced through  the long grass and across the river to grandmas.





That evening we were so excited we couldn’t fall asleep.



Over dinner grandpa told us that Agent Tanga was looking for hidden treasure that had been stolen from the museum .He  is a spy/detective. So that means tomorrow we are going on a real treasure hunt .This has to be the best holiday of my life!







Next morning Mixel was the first to race to the camp.Nabeel and I carried the the metal detector and a picnic bag. The Detector was my christmas gift .We found a very small nugget in Australia in a dry river bed. I’m good with the detector so I’m sure I can find something today in that mountain. I just hope the giant is not still around hiding in the hills



The walk up to the hilltop was tiring. Now I know why we set off at 8am-to finish the climb before it got hot.

Oh and Fiji does get hot.Except when you are under the tree .There you get a nice breeze because Fiji is an island and its surrounded  by sea so there's always a  sea breeze



"This is my last day here,"Agent Tanga explained.



The cave he showed us looked like a small dark, hole in the mountain.



He has been digging his way  into the cave .He assumes a chest has been hidden in here.Agent Tanga gets his leads from the police. I want to be a real detective too when I grow up.



"Beep.... beep,"the metal detecting kept picking sounds. We found nothing valuable. Only some old bolts and rusty metals.



"You boys stay here.Its unsafe in the cave," said Agent Tanga as he disappeared into the cave



He promised to get us spy trained once he completes this misson.Then we could help him on future missions.That would be awesome.





We began digging holes where we picked the signals. Mixel is like dog detector. But she barks at every hole we dig .And she copies us by digging with her paws.



And there right in front of us loomed  the giants tooth.



"Is it real Raeese"whispered Nabeel?

"Yes but the giant is dead" I laughed.I wasn't scared anymore.



We kept forsicking with the metal detector and  accidentally found a riverbed. And to our disbelief we found a very small gold nugget! It was under a fallen tree. We jumped for joy and Mixel barked and danced around  us





Nabeel is  my best friend so I gave him the gold  nugget for keeps.He was so happy.



Agent Tanga came out of the cave with a metal chest.

"Guess what I have boys," he laughed



We sat beside the chest as he  opened it.And our jaws dropped.



It had 3 gold bars in it.

These had been  stolen from the museum 5 years ago.



Each bars was so heavy we couldn’t hold it up.

"I’m returning it to the museum straight away," he said seriously



As we  feasted hungrily on the snacks grandma had packed  us we heard the assuring siren of the police car. Grandpa was sitting in the front.



"I told you there was treasure where the rainbow ended,didn’t I," he said merrily.



"Can we come again grandpa? I’m sure we can do more fossicking in the riverbed," I begged eagerly.

Grandpa was so happy he was easily persuaded



The cops congratulated Agent Tanga.We  even got our own  bravery badge and a ride in the cop car back to the farm house.





But the best part was that Agent Tanga asked us to join him on his next trip to the giants tooth.







Cheers to new beginnings!











© Copyright 2015 Doll11 (doll11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2031438-Where-the-Rainbow-Ends