*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2031803-Book-of-Memories-chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #2031803
When Louis first meets Kaden in his english class he can tell she's special...
          Louis glanced at the black hair girl sitting next to him. Her hair was tyed up in a messy bun resting on the crown of her head. Resting on her small nose were a pair of thick rimmed glasses, refelecting the light from her laptop, which her oval shaped hazel eyes were focused on. Her thin lips were set in a straight line as if she was intently focusing on what was on that screen, as if it were blueprints to some world altering invention. As if sensing he was watching her, she glanced at Louis causing him to snap out of his transe turning his face toward the professor in front of them, his cheeks burning hot. Crap, she saw I was staring again he thought nervously although in his defense it was hard not to stare at the girl. It was as if she came from another world, Louis could still remember the first time he ever saw her at the beginning of the semester.



          "Is this seat taken?". Louis looked up at the sudden voice and had a mini heart attack. The owner of the voice was a girl and a pretty cute one to boot. Long black hair, a small frame, and a face that looked doll like. "Oh..uh no, be my guest." He studdered moving his messenger bag from the seat."thanks,"she smiled softly sitting down in the seat, pulling out a laptop plastered in stickers from her black bag. There was a bit akward silence as Louis tried to form words before he finally sputtered out " J-just so you know... m-my name's Louis.". The girl looked a bit taken back as if she had expected him to ignore her. She looked down as if pondering what to respond with when finally she looked back up at Louis. It was then that he noticed her hazel eyes, had flecks of blue and green in them, they reminded Louis of a summer day on his Uncles farm in Indiana. They were beautiful. "Kaden," the girl smiled again " Call me Kaden."



          "Mr. Gray?, Mr.Gray!". Louis snapped his head up looking at a very irritated English professor. In his memory fueled daze he must have been asked something. " I'm sorry... i wasn't paying attention, what was the question?" He responded causing a few snickers from the class. The professor's eye twitched in annoyance from having to repeat himself," In Poe's The Tell-Tale Heart, why do you think in the end the main character reveals his own secret?". "Oh...Um...For drama?..." he answered meekly causing more laughter from the class. The professor shook his head in disappointment turning to Kaden. "Ms.Fenwick... Can you answer?" He asked wearily. Kaden glanced up at the professor, breaking her concentration from the laptop." It's guilt, the main character thinks he can hide it, but soon enough he cracks from the guilt on his psyche." She respondly confidently her voice ringing through the room. The professor clapped his hands together in approval " Very good Ms.Fenwick, just what you would expect from A published author's niece,". "Whats he write? Spellbooks?" A voice whispered behind them, causing giggles from those near it. Kaden flinched at the comment, turning her attention back to her laptop.

          Louis didn't have to turn around to see who said it, he instantly knew from the Uptown accent. Carly Winston, A.K.A the meanest girl at Silverton University. She was like every other bottle blonde, who thought she was the greatest thing since air. Except this bottle blonde's daddy was the CEO of one of the biggest stockbroker ferms in the country. Ever since day one Carly made it her mission to make Kaden's life hell. Stealing her books, writing nasty things on her notes, even petty stuff like throwing paper at her. She was also responsible for Kaden's infamous nickname, WitchGirl. Just thinking of it all Louis's blood boil. So what if someone wore dark clothes, or looked different, it didn't mean you had to torment them. As he glanced over at Kaden, he could see she was fighting back tears as she stared at her screen. Her hands were curled in fists, shaking as she dug her nails in her palms, as they kept making jokes behind them. As Louis stared at her hands, it almost looked like tiny flickers off sparks were coming from them. " Hey... Kaden.." he whispered to her, causing her to turn towards him. The look on her face was like that of a doe caught in head lights, her eyes wide with confusion. They never talked much, expect for the occasional hi or asking for a pen, so Louis wasn't surprised she was shocked. "Don't let people like that get you down...I think it's pretty cool your Uncles published, all my uncle has is a farm." he smiled shyly, playing with a strand of his curly brown hair. Kaden giggled softly, like chiming bells " I don't know... i really like veggies."she responded smiling. Good, Louis thought she looks the cutest when she smiles. Just then the bell rang signaling class was over. As Louis packed up his bag to leave, he felt someone poke his arm lightly. He turned to the culprit and found Kaden smiling at him. "Hey Louis...thanks... for letting me sit here" she said softly before rushing towards the door with the flow of students, leaving Louis dumbfounded staring at where she stood. In that moment, Kaden's eyes seemed to sparkle like jewels with happiness. Louis raked a hand through his hair, cursing softly under his breath. Girls like Kaden were the most dangerous kind. The kind who had no idea how beautiful they were.
© Copyright 2015 MageQueen17 (heiarch17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2031803-Book-of-Memories-chapter-1