*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2033499-Friendzone---21st-biggest--problem
Rated: E · Article · Teen · #2033499
What is friendzone? How people got in it? How can get out of it?
What is the friend-zone?



What is the friend zone? And how do you know if you’re in it or not? Those are both frequently asked questions. But the big question most high school students ask is.. How do you get out of it? In high school the friend zone is pretty much the end of the world if you like someone. No one thinks that there is a way out of it, so it must be doom. It is heartbreaking and stressful for a dramatic and emotional teenager, boy or girl.



Let me tell you about a personal experience. I have this best friend.. yes we flirt. Kissed twice. But still we are in the friend-zone. We tell each other everything, hangout all the time, rely on each other through all our hard times. But yet we are completely friend-zoned. How this happens, I’m honestly not sure. How to get out of it, still figuring that one out. We both like each other and we both know that, have for a while actually. But we are so far friend-zoned, that we can’t even get out and would not really know if the other one tried. Not only are we friend-zoned, we are best friend-zoned. Which is even worse, trust me. It might not seem like it, but the best friend-zone is a lot harder so get out of.



I wish I could tell you that there are specific steps to getting out. Yet there are not. I mean, if there were, I would not be in the situation that I am in. So if you happen to come across any.. send them my way. Maybe one day someone will figure it out and we will all be saved from this horrible friendship prison. Although I highly doubt that will be accomplished in my lifetime, all we can do is cross our fingers and wish on a shooting star.



The friend-zone can be the worst thing in the world. But also it sometimes needs to be done. Occasionally that is what is needed in a relationship. It might be hard at first, but eventually things get easier and it seems like the natural thing. Quite often people just start out in the friend-zone. In that case it is possibly possible to ease out of it. Some people are just made to be friends, because of their personalities.



Like I said earlier, me and the guy I like have been completely friend-zoned. It is a very complicated situation because from the very beginning we were just best friends. The feeling came later, which made it all extremely confusing. Just today he is being shy because I found out he has been talking to a guy about me and how much he likes me. But he would never ever say anything like that to my face. Yes he will tell me I'm pretty or how amazing of a friend I am, but never anything to make it seem like we were more than friends. Except those rare times that he does let something slip. Or accidentally acts like we are dating, those happen more often than not. So, like I said, extremely confusing.



The friend-zone is like the twilight zone, but darker. The friend-zone is like a parking zone, but less space to move. The friend-zone is like a traffic zone, slow moving and hard to get out of. The friend-zone is like a construction zone, dangerous and you might occasionally get hit on the head. The friend-zone is like the wet zone.. but not. The friend-zone is like handicap zone, slow and needs sometimes needs help. The friend-zone is like the war zone, deadly and painful.



Is friends with benefits the same thing as friend-zoned? Technically it means that you are still friends, you just have benefits attached. So I guess that certain people take that different ways. Some people might think that it means no strings attached and they just assume that they are just going to act like friends and pretend like nothing is going on.



But is it actually possible for men and women to be just friends? That's another very interesting question. I'm sure every one has a completely different opinion on this subject. My personal opinion is that they can. If that were not possible, the world would be completely different. My life would be upside down and backwards. Most of my friends are boys, and I don't know what I would do with out them. It is completely insane to think about, but I honestly think that women and men can be just friends. Because the friend-zone is real!





For the end i would love to confess that years ago i was in "Friend-zone". And that friendship ended while i was trying to make it happen.

While reading a confessions on some confession or secrets app (http://www.confesster.com) i saw that mostly confessions are about "friend-zone" and how many actually young teens are in that zone.

My question is: Does friendzone was rarer or social networks made in more public?
© Copyright 2015 Hoasmter (jessicahom90 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2033499-Friendzone---21st-biggest--problem