*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2033548-Death-is-a-new-beginning
Rated: E · Essay · Death · #2033548
I had only a few days to write a eulogy paying tribute to a happy lady.

Mary's Eulogy
Father Jason, Thank you for celebrating this Holy Mass and in permitting me to share some thoughts about an amazing lady. Dear Friends and Family, thank you for attending Mass today to honor the life of Mary Zeminski Morgan.
I firmly believe that Mary is sitting with God (Right Now) and enjoying the peace and beauty of heaven. Mary was always right at home in a beautiful garden setting. She had a strong love of God and knew his presence in her heart.
Father Jason, Ladies, and Gentlemen, Good morning. My name is Ed Morgan and I had the privilege of being married to Mary for nearly 41 years. I first met Mary through a mutual friend who was having a dinner party at his Norristown apartment. In order to persuade me to attend, the friend said, "Have I got a girl for you." And yes, the girl was nice. The only problem was that she wasn't Mary. You see, I was set up to be the blind date for another girl. But it didn't take me long to notice Mary. She had a beautiful smile and was the life of the party. I later found out that Mary had already set her sights on me. The other girl didn't stand a chance with me because Mary and I were instantly attracted to each other. I was a lucky guy.
While dating she once cooked me a home-made spaghetti dinner. We both laughed loudly as she spilled the spaghetti into the sink while draining the water...Not once, but twice. Her cooking ability didn't much matter to me; I was more fascinated by her bright smile and her bubbly personality. We dated and I was soon warmly accepted by Mary's hard working family. I think that I was accepted! They were real characters and cut from the same mold as Mary. Her brother, George, was a nice guy, but he always seemed to leave the house just when I arrived. Mary's mother on the other hand heard that I worked in an office and roared as she called me a pencil pusher. And when Mary's father would greet me at the front door, he usually asked "What do you want?" I soon found out that Mary's family was fun and really did like me. Within 6 months we fell in love and were married. Two years later Mary provided us with our son, Dennis. Dennis and his wife Mary Beth (Mary was thrilled to have what amounted to a 2nd daughter) have blessed us with two grandsons, Dennis and Peter. Mary had her dream come true this past June when we met up with the grandchildren at Sea World in Florida. Two years after the birth of our son, God blessed us with a beautiful daughter, Colleen. There really was a special bond between this mother and daughter duo. They played and worked together while sharing everything with each other. Sometimes it was difficult to ascertain who the mother was and who the daughter was. It was while working for Burholme Ambulance Corp. that Colleen met one of the finest men that Mary and I will ever know, Charles (Chuck Tuttle). To say that Chuck and Mary enjoyed joking around with each would be an understatement. They teased each other constantly! While Chuck would taunt Mary; she was just as likely to retaliate back by shooting at him with a water pistol. They acted more like a brother and sister than in-laws. Together Colleen and Chuck gave Mary and me the gift of 4 grandchildren, Dennis, Erica, Joey, and Christopher. I believe that our children and grandchildren have turned out to be confident and happy individuals in no small part due to Mary's positive influence. Mary loved her family and friends, and they loved her right back. Can I get an "Absolutely" on that statement?
Mary and I moved to Florida 6 years ago and we enjoyed the warm climate and sunny beaches. We became closer than ever over the last couple of years of retirement. Mary had this tough guy watching cooking and decorating shows on TV while she became knowledgeable about the sports of boxing and football to reciprocate. Payton Manning was her favorite player. We were now free of work and ate out frequently. She would sometimes respond to a waitress's question of, "Can I get you anything else by saying, "Yes, a new body- size 12, and a brain that works". (By the way Mary really did become a good cook).
Mary was ill during the past couple of years, but she never complained. She was diagnosed with congestive heart failure nearly 20 years ago and had 3 operations on her knee within the last few months alone. But I can guarantee you that if you had seen Mary right before her death; she would have had a bright smile for you and probably said something like, "Let's break-out of this joint and party." For Mary was the consummate optimist and only saw a future full of intrigue and joyful adventure.
Yes, Mary was one of a kind. She received much of her satisfaction in life by helping others and made a positive difference in some many lives. She was totally unselfish and appreciated the little things in life. Things like nature, animals, family, and friends were much more important to Mary than financial or career objectives. To me, Mary never changed over the years; she was that same beautiful girl that I met in Norristown. My friends, I unashamedly admit to being in total admiration of the high spirited and high quality of life that she led. From taking belly dance lessons, to teaching her grandchildren to play poker, to riding roller coaster rides, Mary was full of life.
I was 100% devoted to Mary. That will never change. I'll miss our talks and her ribbing of me. Only recently as we walked down the hospital corridor I asked Mary if I was in her way. She responded, "No, if you were, I'd move you. That was classic Mary that I knew and will miss. She truly was one of God's finest creations.
Thank you for being here today, listening to my memories of Mary, and for supporting me and my family.


© Copyright 2015 Bright Writer (prosperity25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2033548-Death-is-a-new-beginning