*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2033551-Livesavers-from-heaven
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Emotional · #2033551
Thank you letter to funeral director
Saturday, November 08, 2014


Subject: Cremation Services for Mary A. Morgan, DOD- 9/26/2014
Attention: Gina, & Judy
Dear Mortuary Services Staff:
Many unexpected emotions surrounded me after learning that my wife of 43 years had left this world forever. I'm still not really sure that I totally believe that Mary will no longer be an active part of my everyday life on earth. As tragic as my loss was, it was incumbent upon me to ensure that this special lady's body was cared for in a professional and respectful manner. With that as my mission, I started a long journey of interviewing prospective funeral and cremation candidates. It was not until I spoke with Gina, that I felt a real sense of sincerity. She thoroughly explained the procedures that would be necessary to satisfy my expectations, those of my family, and governmental regulations. Gina listened to a totally crushed husband who was now alone in the state of Florida (save a cousin through marriage), without life insurance, and who recently had been a victim of having his wallet stolen along with a large amount of cash. With my wife lying in the hospital morgue and my children wanting to have a ceremony the following week, I could not have been in a worst situation. I also soon found out that with Mortuary Services, I could not have been in better hands. Gina immediately took control of a desperate situation by having my wife's body transferred to her care. Rapid arrangements were made to complete the identification and cremation processes. Financial expenses were thoroughly explained but immediate payment, or even a down payment, was totally deemphasized. Everything was done expeditiously and with my individual needs always being of the foremost concern. Despite your own responsibilities to working at least 8 other cases, you scarified your own time to help me and my children. In the end, all time-lines were met to send Mary off as planned, the price was thousands of dollars less for the same services offered by other funeral directors, the Mortuary Services Fort Myers facility was exceptionally clean, and the staff was genuinely warm and caring.
"Thank you" may be an overused phrase, but it comes from the bottom of my heart. You are a special company and a special group of individuals. Your accomplishments surely must have resulted in the loyal admiration of the many people that you have helped in life just like me. That's a much more important legacy to possess in the end than earning $10,000,000.00 per year, living in a mansion, and having a country club membership. For when I think of the outstanding people and caring services that I received with Mortuary Services, it will also rekindle fond memories of Mary, that pretty girl from Philly with a bright smile.
Yes, "Thank You" for being there when I needed you the most. I'll never forget your kindness and am dedicated to sharing with others the positive experiences that were bestowed upon me during this time of unimaginable grief.
With my warmest thoughts of you and my abundant appreciation,
Ed Morgan



© Copyright 2015 Bright Writer (prosperity25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2033551-Livesavers-from-heaven