*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2033931-FAERY---Into-the-Nevernever
by Zena
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #2033931
A fantasy based Faerie Novel that will have you on the edge of your seats!
FAERY - Into the Nevernever.

Skylar Blackwood is a 17 year old student at Gilmore high. For the past two years she has experienced more than any mortal would count on seeing in a lifetime.
All Skylar wants to do is have an ordinary life. But that is impossible when you can see them. Nothing is ever in the right place, and the worst thing is-
There is nothing she can do to prevent it.
A stranger has showed up in Gilmore high. One that Skylar feels drawn to. Who is this dashing, new character? Will he be the one to guide her through her messed up life? It is time for Sky to put aside her fears. And face reality.
After years of ignoring and putting up with the fey, it has taken its toll and now someone close to her has been snatched away. Skylar finds herself trapped in the world of Faery, in hope that soon she will be reunited with her loved ones. The Nevernever is a dangerous place, laden with unusual creatures and monstrous beasts that only appear in fairytales and stories.

Prologue

They were after me. Still.
It seemed to have gone on for years. Ducking and rolling, leaping over turned up dust bins and swerving through alleyways. It just kept going on and on. And I couldn't deny the aching in my limbs after running for so long. I glanced behind me; they were still there, gaining on me with each bound. Their skinny frames and bloody red hats illuminated by the dull starlight above. Panting I pushed on faster, the sound of my footsteps echoing off the alley walls, desperate to get away. I couldn't remember the last time I hadn't been in a situation like this. Truth was, I was never safe. No matter where I went, they were always there, waiting. Red caps were especially dangerous; they were dark bloodthirsty creatures, known for dipping their hats in the blood of their victims. Quite grim I know.

A loud clatter and I stumbled, almost colliding into a wall before regaining my footing and dodged just in time to get out of the way un scathed. My legs were screaming in protest, on the verge of collapsing but I kept going. A high pitch, evil laughter split through the air as they bellowed. Knowing that before long my legs would be too tired to hold me up and I would fall, then they would get what they wanted.

In the distance I saw it. What I had been looking for. Before me, just visible in the darkness a pair of huge, gleaming metal gates stood. A rusted chain was bound around the Centre, secured by a pad lock. I continued running, my breath billowing out in clouds in front of my face. Just a little further and I would be safe. Glancing over my shoulder again, I was half expecting to see them slowing down, giving up chase. I was wrong of course. They were right on my heels.
Obviously.
Heart beating wildly I ran on until I reached the gates, immediately throwing myself at them and climbing. My muscles burned as I heaved myself upwards. The metal was cold against my palms, and smeared with blood from where I had grazed them. Finally I reached the top and, without hesitating, dropped down the other side. My legs finally gave in and I landed awkwardly with a loud thump, the breath being forced from my lungs, making me gasp. My face was only inches away from the huge things, and burning with the heat. The lead red cap skidded to a halt in front of the gates, only centimetres away before colliding with the iron, eyes wide. The others crashed into their leader, careful not to touch the shiny metal. They glared daggers at me, whilst hissing and snarling in anger, pacing the other side of the gate with a murderous look in their depthless eyes. I quickly pushed myself away from the gates as a red cap lunged through the bars, trying to claw at my face. It let out a howl of pain, stumbling back as the metal came in contact with its skin. I pushed myself off the ground, wincing as pain seared through my shoulder, making me grit my teeth to keep from crying out. I had gotten away. Limping forwards I headed in the opposite direction of the gate as fast as I could, the enraged screeches and howls becoming more distant with each step.



































© Copyright 2015 Zena (fearless603 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2033931-FAERY---Into-the-Nevernever