*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2033992-The-Glorious-Evolution
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Dark · #2033992
A mans desire to advance human evolution is a price an innocent woman will have to pay for
"Subject 38. Female, age 22, 5 foot 3.8 inches, weight is 132 pounds or 59.87 kilograms. I shall now begin the transfusion process."
The man takes a step back from the recording device, and begins grabbing various parts and tools. He is wearing a long overcoat, and is a normal looking person. Save for the robotic arm extending out of his upper left shoulder, which was currently assisting the man gather various items off of a round table. Satisfied with the parts he had gathered, the man turned his attention to the woman strapped tightly to a large examining table. He slowly approached her, careful not to drop the collected items. The woman's eyes darted around in anticipation; her mouth was bound, preventing any and all speech.
"Blood pressure is currently 133 over 84, likely due to an emotion of fear." the man states aloud, as he places the materials down in front of a screen displaying all sorts of numbers. "I shall begin by initiating a contusion on the left brachioradialis."
With that, the man steps over the woman, he places his two arms on the table to steady himself. Wile he's positioning his body, the robotic arm extends outwards, pointing down at the woman's stationary wrist.
"Engaging skin intrusion protocol." The man says this as the robotic arm begins shining a red light down to the centre of the wrist. After a moment, the light brightens, and begins burning through the woman's arm. The woman tries to squirm away, but she is tightly secured to the table. The light fades after a few seconds, leaving a perfect circular hole in the woman's wrist.
"Heart rate peaked at 144 over 85, now inserting the S-1PHO Mark 3." The man says, as he reaches for a pair of tweezers. Handing the small object to the robotic arm. The arm pinches a small metal shard with the tweezers. Returning to the woman, the man once again stabilizes himself over the woman.
"Engaging insertion procedure." Says the man. As if on queue, the robotic arm moves downwards, stopping above the woman's left wrist. Slowly, the tweezers go into the hole made by the arm laser. The arm releases the piece of metal into the woman with obscene accuracy. Pulling back, the arm hands the tweezers to the man, who quickly discards them.
"Now initiating enhancement." The man says sounding almost excited. He turns and picks up what appears to be a cuff. Passing that to the artificial limb, he also picks up a remote controller of various colors number. The man walks back beside the examining table, allowing the cuff to be secured around the woman's insertion. Meanwhile, the man is fiddling with the controller.
"Analyzing approach..." He says. "Commencing optimal upgrade conduct." With that, he presses a button on his remote. The cuff starts glowing red, burning the skin in its immediate proximal area. The woman tries to scream, but can't. The heat sears her flesh, and starts burning the inner tissue of her forearm. The man looks intently as his creation comes to fruition. With the inner and outer tissue damaged, the small metal shard activates. Having done its job, the shackle breaks off of the woman's wrist. The shard spreads up the woman’s arm. With incredible force, the metal shard expands to almost 200 times its original size. The metal literally shambles the woman's arm bones. Unsurprising to the man, she passes out from the pain. The metal replaces her humerus, scapula, and clavicle. The bone being shattered as the metal expanded through her arm. The metal finally finishes by lightly inserting itself into the woman's spinal cortex.
“Calibration systems running.” Says the man, typing numbers into his remote control. “System online, I have obtained jurisdiction over all bodily actions and cerebral activities. I have also successfully optimized the brachium by installing an appendage. Analysis confirms this subject has survived, vital levels suggest a full recovery. However, execution is necessary to extract all metal, and perform more diagnostics on the subject. I shall test the subject as she recovers, working it to the point that it will relinquish its sentience.”

The man presses the button on the recording device, and hands it to his robotic arm.
© Copyright 2015 Brendan Gillingham (yo70sam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2033992-The-Glorious-Evolution