*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034295-Wishes-to-Grant
by Gracie
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #2034295
Be careful what you wwish for.
As she sat in her kitchen sipping her tea, she watched the birds peck at the crumbs she’d earlier thrown out. She sat in solemn wonder of the feathered animals for how freely they can travel; she always wanted to travel. Loudly, the door clicked greeting her with her husband. He smiled as he watched her walk over to him, she then kiss him and started with

“Hi Darling, how was work?” she asked proudly.

She then noticed how his eyes seemed to be a different color and his voice quickly changed.

“I’ve noticed how much you’ve pleaded with your husband to travel. How about we make a deal?” a voice that which came from the body that was once her husband but sounded famine.

She thought in her head contradicting her heart and mind.

“Tell me what your deal has to offer,” She said hesitating.

“ I can grant you the wish of free traveling or I can leave you with nothing.”

She found it rather strange that someone she didn’t know was going to supply her with her childhood wish. She roughly thought out the decision and came to a conclusion.

“No, I’d rather live safely then be granted a wish from a stranger. At least then I know I am not in harm. I pick to have nothing.”

“As you wish.” She said giggling.

As the wish granter had given her choices, she was granted her wish. She was left with nothing at all. She no longer had a home, decent clothes, or anything from her previous life except her husband. They lived in a box in on the street on Main Street. He looked to her and said, “ What are we waiting for? Go find her and get us our life back!”

© Copyright 2015 Gracie (graciemorgan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034295-Wishes-to-Grant