*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034707-Annas-Day
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #2034707
A tragic story of a Anna's big day.
           
Kristie          Wilson

         
Period 3

         
2.25.15

Anna's Day

         Today was the day, Anna's big day. The show had gone swell and her first solo was a hit. The only problem now was that the show was over and now it was time for dinner with her parents. Her parents had been divorced since she was three, they usually got along, but she still had to do separate things per parent. There were no plans made but it was just assumed that Anna would do dinner with her mom and grandparents. It was a sort of tradition for her mom and them to go to D.B. Pickles for dinner after Anna's performances. They had a lovely dinner made small talk, laughed, and talked about the shows. After they had all finished their meals, her mom would ask, "Anna, room for desert?"
         Of course Anna was excited she knew that D.B. Pickles had the best deserts and had said yes and continued to order it. But after she ate her dinner she didn't really eat much of her desert. She took it home in a box. Once Anna had gotten home it was about 8 when her dad called and asked "Anna, do you want to go get desert or something to celebrate?"
"Well, I already got desert, but I'll go get something and just bring it home and save it for another time." Anna was just trying to appease both her parents.
         Anna went upstairs and started to tell her mom, when her mom rudely interrupted her saying that Anna was not allowed to go because it was late and she already got desert at the restaurant. With that she told Anna to go call her father and tell him that she wasn't allowed to go. Anna called her father in tears saying she couldn't go to get desert. He immediately asked to speak with her mother.
         All Anna could do was sit downstairs with her hands over her ears crying as she heard her mom screaming at her father and could only assume her father was doing the same. About an hour passed and her mom came down and said Anna you are not going. Anna quickly called her dad because she was upset about this. Anna only got to see her dad at special occasions except she wasn't going to get to see him because of her mother. Anna asked her mother if he could just come here to visit because he was leaving the next day and she wanted to see him before he left. To this Anna's mom agreed and Anna relayed the message back to her father. Anna sat downstairs starring out the window waiting for her father to drive down that street. But as it grew darker he didn't show. Anna's mom came down and said sorry to Anna that it looked like he wasn't going to come and told her it was time for bed. Anna cried herself to sleep that night.
         Anna would wake up to find out that her dad had gotten in a car crash and that was why he never made it that night before. Anna never got to speak or see her dad again. Anna will forever hold her mom responsible.

© Copyright 2015 kristie (kristieteq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034707-Annas-Day