*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034710-Because-youre-Mine
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #2034710
Haven finially got her man, but their past is still stalking them.
Haven sat straight up on the couch. She was panting and sweating, her eyes looking everywhere at once.  They were trying to place her surroundings.  From behind, she felt hands moving on her arms.  Without looking at who they belonged to, she got up and ran.

She didn't hear her name being called, a voice full of concern and frustration. All she heard was her own screams and the laughter of the dead man who tried to kill her.

Running from the brightness of the living room, where she had been sleeping.  She hid in the darkness of the kitchen.  She stopped, only turning her head.  Looking over her shoulder, holding her breath, she waited. She stayed primed to bolt out the back door.  Four years of threats, the frequent letters, and numerous phone calls. Had he finally decided to take it to the next step?  Standing still for a few seconds, she didn't see anyone.  After a moment she did hear a loud sigh and her name being whispered. 

"Cole?" she asked quietly, hearing movement from the other room.  Was it the sick-o from her nightmares, or Cole?   

A huge figure blocked out the light coming in through the doorway from the living room. Cole could be very intimidating,  Reaching 6'3" and 220 pounds, he looked like the linebacker he was trained to be.  He was her protector and the best friend she could ever have. He would hold her when she cried, and comfort her after the nightmares. She trusted him with her life, he had saved her once. He might be huge, but he was the gentlest man when he wanted to be.  He was her brother's best friend when they were young.  After the murders he was there to protect her from Billy and herself. 

She leaned against the doorframe between the two rooms. Sliding down the edge of the wall, she felt so weak and tired. She drew her knees up to her chest and dropped her head.

She didn't notice that he had sat down in front of her.  She felt his large hand rub down her back and like a cat she bowed into the touch.  Touch was a treat for her these days.  She couldn't stand it when most people touched her.  She would panic, or get nauseous.  It brought back the memories of strange hands hurting her, while they were covered in her parents' blood.  Tom had smiled down at her, and said things she had blocked out.  She believed it was a good thing; her nightmares are bad enough, without that memory.

"Little one" Cole's voice slid through the panic still racing through her mind.  Large hands began smoothing her long hair away from her face.  It was wrapped around her neck.

For a few moments all she could do was focus on her breathing.  She needed to calm down before she had a full panic attack. If that happened, Cole would take her to the hospital.  Then the rest of them would be looking at her with pity, like she knew he was right now.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered.  She was sorry too, sorry that he had to give up so much to help her. Her brother's best friend had stepped in, helping in everyday he could.  More than he should have.

Four years ago a random guy, Tom, broke into their house and murdered her parents in front of her, then the man turned on her. Cole happened to come over and became her knight in shining armor. Killing Tom, and saving her.  The trauma of the events had done permanent damage to the 16-year-old girl. Haven only bared one scar from the event, but inside, she had been a mess ever since.

It was a horrible way to live, but Haven dealt with it. Billy, the brother of her parent's killer, terrorized them several times a year.  Billy liked to send letters the most. Each one basically the same as the one she received yesterday.

Billy told them he would finish what Tom started. Some times in detail he would tell Haven what he might do to her. He wasn't sure yet how he would kill her.

It didn't matter why Tom had killed her parents.  Tom wanted Haven dead and Billy wanted Cole, for killing Tom.  Something was terribly wrong with both brothers. 

"What are you sorry for, Haven?" Cole wanted to tell her he loved her.  He wanted to take away all her fears.  The problem is he couldn't. Not yet, fear held him back.

"I can't get him out of my head."  Haven looked up into his bright blue eyes.  She wasn't sure what she was looking for.  Haven just knew Cole could help.

The defeated look on her face almost killed him.  He almost wished it was fear, he could handle that better.  If she was giving up, that was a different story.  He cherished her soft heart and loving spirit. 

"Talk to me, little one. The Doctor said it would help."  He would beg if he had to.  He was allowed to help in any other part of her life.  She just wouldn't open up about the dreams. 

"I can't, Cole" she was way too tired to go into this tonight. 

"Can't or won't? He asked. All this was a rerun of the last time the bastard had done something horrible her.  If the creep would just step out into the open, he could tear Billy to pieces like he did Tom.  Cole knew the little shit would slip up one day.

"I know that look.  I hate that you think about killing him."  She cried again.  "I did this to you.  You already have enough blood on your hands because of me."  She really hated the fear and the promise of more bloodshed.  What if Billy killed one of them next time? 

"What the hell?  You didn't cause any of this.  That murdering sick-o brought his death on his own head. His brother has been tormenting us for years.  I want to get my hands on him."  His words trailed off.  By the look on her face he needed to get his anger under control. 

"Come on, I'll take you to bed.  I'm too big to be sitting on the floor." Standing, he reached back down helping her up.  "I'll come back and turn the lights off.  Do you want anything?"  When she shook her head he picked her up.  Grabbing her favorite blanket off the couch, he threw it over her.  He carried her down the short hallway to her bedroom, loving the feeling of her in his arms.
© Copyright 2015 Silverangel (silver2011 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034710-Because-youre-Mine