*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2036025-The-Problem
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2036025
A girl beyond frustrated with what she said she'd do.
“This is so confusing!”, I yelled at myself. I was so close to pulling my hair out from my hours of frustration. I kept trying, and trying to get them to go together. I cried for someone to come to my assistance, and no one would come. It was hard, and no matter how much I tried, it just wouldn’t go in the right way. I was excited to try something new, and it had came back to be huge slap in the face. I knew from past experiences kind of like these, it was going to be complicated. “Why am I even trying?” I sighed.
I was so fed up with forcing myself to do the maximum when it came to him. I shoved it away from me, and laid my head down. Tears began to roll down my cheeks, and form puddles on my desk.
I heard my mom’s footsteps coming up the steps, and quickly tried to straighten myself. She knocked on my door, and it slowly crept open. “Honey, are you okay? Have you been crying? What’s wrong?” I stayed silent until I knew I could speak without my voice shaking. “Mom, I just can’t get it to go in right”, I spoke through staggered breaths.
“Oh, sweetheart,” she started, “You have to use the Order of Operations for these or X is never going to fit in right. And don’t beat yourself up its just extra credit, which you don’t even need. Mr. Revilo will understand if you don’t do it this one time. Take a break, and after dinner if you still want to do this, I’ll help you.” I nodded my head as she exited my room, and a small smile stretched across my face.
© Copyright 2015 lauren. (laurentayyylor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2036025-The-Problem