*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2036915-Daily-Flash-2--Just-a-flesh-wound
by Smee
Rated: 13+ · Other · Activity · #2036915
Prompt : "There's more to the story"
Word Count : 281

~

"Dude, oh shit, you're bleedin'." Mark's face twisted in shock and he pointed a shaking finger to his friend's head.

"What, no, no..." Paul's hand raised up, and he winced in pain as he touched the open wound. He brought his arm down and stared at the glistening crimson in horror.

"We've gotta get you to the hospital, you might have cracked your skull or somethin'."

Paul staggered to his feet, falling back against the wall of the warehouse as he found his balance. "No, I feel fine, I don't want no doctors pokin' at me." The blood continued to ooze down his forehead and he scrubbed at it pointlessly, smearing it across his face. He looked like something from a horror film.

"No arguin', I'm takin' you." Mark moved to Paul's side, grabbed an arm and put it around his neck. Paul struggled briefly, but his legs buckled and Mark pulled him up. "Come on, walk, I ain't carryin' you."

Paul's took a few staggering steps. His voice began to slur as he continued his protests. "The hospital, they'll call my mum. She'll kill me."

"Don't worry, we'll make somethin' up. Just say you fell."

~

An hour later they made it to the local hospital. A short way from the warehouse Mark had flagged down a taxi, and the driver had driven at speed, the sight of Paul's face brushing aside any questions.

"Name?" The bored receptionist had barely glanced at Paul before looking back at her computer.

"Paul Stanton."

"And what happened?"

Mark spoke up. "We were out hangin', he fell down some stairs."

The nurse's eyebrow raised. "Do I look like I was born yesterday? There's more to the story. We're not the police, we just need the truth."
© Copyright 2015 Smee (smeedyer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2036915-Daily-Flash-2--Just-a-flesh-wound