*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037261-The-son-restored-Zanya-and-Ozark
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #2037261
Ozark is found and brought back to Ezra forest.
"How did I get here?" Ozark asked weakly.
Turning his head to look at the shadowy figure sitting in a chair next to him, he repeated the question a little stronger.
"The amulet brought you" an elderly woman's voice spoke softly.
"Then..it is magical" Ozark replied, letting his head relax again so he now gazed at the domed roof above him "But where did it bring me?"

The figure lent forward in to the flickering light cast by a small candle on the table beside his bed, and looked down upon him, her aged face dominated by large luminous green eyes.
"It brought you to safety my love" she smiled gently.
She moved closer and kissed him on the cheek.

"Who are you?" Ozark asked wearily, his eyes closing as he slipped back in to his sleep.

Zanya watched the creature for a long time unblinking, as he slept.
She listened until she heard his breathing turn from anxious wheezing in to a soft restful rhythm.
"Good my son. Sleep. Let your mind and body rest for you have come a long way to reach your freedom" she whispered, as she relaxed back in to her chair to herself sleep.
© Copyright 2015 Rebekah Blackwolf (ladyazurewolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037261-The-son-restored-Zanya-and-Ozark