*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037706-Daily-Flash-5-Potion-Power
by Smee
Rated: ASR · Other · Activity · #2037706
Prompt : "That's absolutely brilliant!"
Word count : 250

"That's absolutely brilliant!" The Warlock grabbed hold of his assistant and swung him around in joy. "However did you think to add a sardine into the potion? Look at this consistency, and colour, it's perfect!"

Boris, the assistant, blushed to his roots, and scratched at the beginnings of a nose wart. Truth was he'd dropped some of his lunch in there, by accident, whilst stirring it. But never before had his master been so happy with him, and he wanted it to continue. Desperately he tried to think of a reason.

"The oils... " he began, only to be cut off by his enthusiastic overlord.

"The oils of course, yes. Concentrated fish oils do contain the right kind of essences. But to use the entire fish. How did the eyes not corrupt, although maybe it was counterbalanced..."

Phew, he'd got through one point, but Boris knew his current fortune balanced on a knife-edge. What could counterbalance the eyes? If he could just come up with something plausible, perhaps it would continue the train of thought his boss was running along.

"...the scales."

"Counterbalanced by the scales? Yes, the silver essence in the scales would offset and contaminants in the eyes, as well as enhancing the viscosity. I say again, brilliant!"

The Warlock moved off, grabbing various vials from the shelves for the potion. Relief flowed from the assistant in waves. Another day survived.

"We must document this additional ingredient. Size, preparation, moment of adding. You have all these details I'm sure."

Boris sighed. Damn, so close!
© Copyright 2015 Smee (smeedyer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037706-Daily-Flash-5-Potion-Power