*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037875-Magic-Ring-Introduction
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Supernatural · #2037875
Eric Walsh goes to a school for the first time and he discovers something about his ring.
This is particularly shitty. I should be driving to school not walking I should be with me girlfriend, nor alone, but most of all I should be back in my hometown not in this rainy shit-hole of a city.
All of this is because my grandma died. I loved her, and she told me I was her favorite grandson. But seeing her will, she was obviously lying. She left every single grandchild Five-Thousand dollars and some memorabilia, that is all of her grandchildren but her supposed favorite. All she left for me was a cheap-ass ring, and some note, “Be careful what you wish for, and lemon juice.” I'm wearing the ring because it's all I have left of her, but I still feel betrayed.
She also left us her house, but to pay for moving expenses my parents sold my car. I told them that if as I was against moving it was outrageous to sell my car. They told me I could walk to school and since I hadn't bought the car, I had no room to argue. But now here I am, halfway through high school with no car and no friends in a completely new town.
At the end of my 20 minute hike I see my school. At least the building is nicer than my old school. On the entrance there's a sign, “New Students to the auditorium for introduction, Returning Students to the Cafeteria for Schedules.” I wouldn't go to the introduction, but they probably have my schedule and I need that. Once I step into the auditorium I realize how massive it is. I knew this school was bigger than my 500 student small town school, but this auditorium has to be able to fit 3,000 students. I don't want to seem too eager, or even to loathe to be here, I guess I'll sit somewhere in the middle, hopefully I'll blend in. As the rows start to fill up, two people come over to sit with me. To my left is a guy who has obviously stopped caring. To my right is a Freshman girl, she is the opposite, she has tried way too hard to be perfect on her first day. She's in a pink skirt with a matching pink cardigan over a grey shirt. Even her shoes were a matching pink. Beats me why she would sit by me though, probably because I'm one of the few older guys. Finally the introduction starts.
“Welcome to Frederick High School, I'm the Student President.” She's a sexy little thing. Probably just over Five foot but she has curves, and knows how to use them without looking like a slut.
“The first and most important thing about being here at Frederick is that we are all part of a no bullying family...” I start to drone out her speech, it's just the same bull shit they give to every entering class. I look across the official party on the stage. Time to figure out who they are, the man closest to the speaker is in a suit, probably the Principal. The person next to him is a woman, sexy as all hell in a skirt suit, she's probably in charge of the Student Government or other-such easy job. To her left is another man, slightly less dressed than the first, no jacket, he's probably the assistant principle. At the far left is a slim woman in a dress, she must be married to the principle, a sexy thing like her wouldn't work at a place like this.
“I will be followed by the School Principal.” The first lady stepped up. What the hell. None of the school's back home even had female assistant principal. She must have fucked someone for the job.
“As the President said, 'Welcome to Frederick High School.' I hope you will all find this school a great learning environment. All of us faculty are working to facilitate that. Including these three great educational professionals with me today. Our Assistant Principal, the Student government adviser, and the Athletic Director.” She successively pointed to the first man, the second man, and then the woman. First the principal, now this, how could she possibly be qualified? She obviously hasn't played football or baseball, the only real sports.
“I of course, am your principal. We can work together to make this school a safe environment for learning.”
“I wish this could just end.” I feel my ring heat up for a second then cool back down.
*Ring*Ring*Ring*
“Everyone proceed through this door in an orderly fashion.” The Faculty began to herd us outside through an entrance by the stage. Was this related to my ring, it can't be. But the coincidence is crazy. So if hypothetically the “Be careful what you wish for” line was a hint what could “and lemon juice.”
“Hey you.” I see the girl who was sitting next to me. “Isn't it funny how you wished for it to be over and voila, it ended.”
“Did I really say that out load?”
“Yeah, isn't it weird.” It seems like she actually wants to talk to me. If I play my cards right I should be able to get into her pants.
“It is isn't it. Wonder what it says about the year.”
“I hope it isn't bad luck or anything. I'm really worried about High School.”
“Listen to me, I've been through two years already, it's not that bad. You know what, if you're so worried just hang with me, I'll help you out.” I respond.
“Really, that would be great. Thank you.”
“All clear. New students please make your way to the cafeteria.”
“Hopefully we have some classes together.” She says eagerly.
“I doubt it. Especially with the grade difference. What's your phone number, I'll text you my locker number when I get it, we can my outside of it.”
“206-798-4564” I start plugging the number into my phone.
“Who's that picture of?” She asked.
“My ex-girlfriend, she decided we should end the relationship when I moved here.”
“That's sucks.”
“Yeah. I got to go, but don't forget to come by my locker.”
“See you later.” I really need to change my phone's wallpaper, but I still can't believe she wasn't willing to have a long distance relationship. But whatever, I'll move forward. I get my classes: Physics, AP US History, English 11, Home Economics/Health , French, and Pre-Calculus.
*Locker # is 2248*
*C U There :)*
© Copyright 2015 taytaywilliams (taytaywilliams at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037875-Magic-Ring-Introduction