*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2038105-Stuck-in-a-Dream
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by AM
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #2038105
A short story about the infinite search of truth about ourselves and our journey.
... A little walk after a drink with some heavy thoughts ... Every passenger idea is missing some formality to be admitted by the train. Destination is so far....
-What is it you can't find a lonely soul ? ,- the old man with no arms heard.
-Oh, I don't know, it's too late even to think about it.
-Oh, no, sir, this isn't about time anymore. You should know that I am not here out of curiousity. I am here to give you what you want. All you need to do is to concentrate for a while and tell me.
-I want to know why...
-Why what , sir?
-Why I lived this life ?
- Are you sure that looking for a reason is the right place to look for ?
-What do you mean ? Then how to understand ?
- Is understanding the only source of knowing sir ?
-Well I believe so.
-Then your reasoning is wrong here which means it's not the only way of knowing things.
-So come again. Why is it wrong?
-Because not always you have the evidence to make a reasoning.
-Evidence of what?
-Evidence about Reality.
-What is it reality?
-Oh, easy. Too many questions for a graduate of institute of biological sciences. I am not a philosopher here.
-So you started first. Please be kind to take a responsibility.
-See now you are here out of curiosity . I am sorry sir I have to go. It hurts to see how you people are taking all of these as a game.
Since this isn't the first time that the old man met the gentleman in the suit, he was quite alright with his appearances, he was used to it now. No one knows why, but at some point isn't it the biggest question of minds. If we only knew the answer would it be easier? What is it that the man was really looking for.
In the very next afternoon, raindrops where covering 60 % of the guilt for visibility difficulties in the town. A girl with a leather jacket was standing in the bus stop.She spent the night working and the day wasn't enough to get desired amount of sleep. The bus wouldn't come that day, she didn't know that the driver had a heart attack, so the whole bus was crashed. No saved lives, no miracles as in usual made up stories. She didn't know that the man in the bicycle could have been her husband with equal probability as he wouldn't .The old man looking in the clock behind her could be her father who passed away 10 years ago when she was someone else. Was it hard to admit that reality?The reality of all possible uncertainties. How far one could get with these thoughts if the bus that had been crashed didn't leave an evidence of it's disappearance.She was hungry, but can't miss a bus, so she would dream about a sandwich with her favorite tomato soup. Time goes fast, but strangely she doesn't feel it. She chews carefully the last piece of the bread and drinks the juice afterwards to make sure she leaves nothing in her throat. She was a student in medical school and those things like seeing how digestion was taking place within her body was a fun thing to do. She found a bed with no foam and lied back for a while. She wasn't thinking anymore, a pure smile came to her face.
-Are you alright , Miss ?
-Oh, sure I am .Thank You, so sweet of you to ask.
- Oh no , you didn't understand me well. I am not here for formalities.I am for a business.
-Which business?
- I have a problem. I need to stop someone from thinking.
-Wow, who are you ? A God ?
-No, I am just a ghost. Does it really matter ?
-Well first I need to believe that what you are saying makes sense .
-So how can you figure that out ?
-Well, you should tell me that .
-You want me prove that I make sense?
-Aha.
-But how I can prove you that I make sense if you don't think that I can make sense.So whatever I say wouldn't make a difference.
-Well you are right, so that makes sense now. Let's get to the business.
-Wow, you are fast girl. So, here it is. There is this man who thinks too much and I need to make him stop. Do you have any idea how we can do that.
-Wait , why do you think I know that ?
-I don't think you know , I think you might try to know.
-So how I am supposed to do that.
-Oh that's easy. Close your eyes...
-Wait, why don't you do that ? Why me ?
-Now see because I see that you know how to stop. You already stopped me so many times.
-No, I don't want to stop anyone from thinking. Thinking is good. Let him get to that point where there is no space for thinking.
-So what does that suppose to mean. We should let him die?
-You can't do anything to stop someone. The only thing that would stop someone from thinking is the lack of fears. You see if you don't have fears you don't have to think how to protect yourself.
-So how can we make one fearless?
-I don't know that .
-Do you have fears?
-Of course I do.
-Are they big?
-You don't measure fears .
-Why not?
-Because not everything can be quantified.
-How do you know that?
-Unknown source code Infinity.
-What was that?
- I received the evidence about my source of information.
-So this code thing runs pretty well, ha ?
-It does , though sometimes I still get sleepy and hungry like anyone else but the most important thing is that I have my dreams. If I go to the dreaming mode I can get whatever I want.
-Wow, so now you can go to your dreaming mode and make that man become fearless?
-Wait I am already in my dream.
- So that means you wanted me to be here?
- Yeah, I was thinking about helping people. I remember I mentioned about the ones who have physical disabilities. But I don't see you having any of those kind of problems.
-Oh, I am not people as you know by unidentified sources so I don't have a disability.But the old man does.
-So do you think if he becomes fearless he will be physically healthy ?
-That's my trial.
-What? Are you telling me that you are experimenting on that old man?
-Come on, you, we all do that. That's life. Isn't it worth trying ?
-What?
-I mean life.
-Alright. Here is the deal. I will help you to make him fearless and you will make him get rid of his disabilities no matter what.
-I can't promise anything. I will do my best.
-Goodbye sir! I guess you are here out of your curiosity.
-No, no, I am here out of your interest of helping others. So yes I will bring his arms back.
- O dear Lord, he doesn't have arms ,then how does he fly?
-Wait a minute , so you think you can fly ?
- Of course I can, I just don't know how.
-So you don't have to know how things work, to believe in them.
-I just know that all ideas that our thoughts project are possible. So I don't neglect them.
-I thought arms were for hugging. Never thought about flying...
-You know what is the main difference between hugging and flying?
-Not really...
-hugging requires at least two people but flying it's all on your arms . You see when you hug someone you give him your arms and take the same. But flying is something else, you give your arms without knowing will you receive them back or not ...
-Oh that's sad.
-No, it's not. Isn't it amazing to be able to come out from the loving arms and be able to give the same whoever you meet on your way during your flight.
-But you said without knowing...
-Yeah , that's the thing, life is time, time is a flow you can't fix it in fact out of a perfect theory. So how can you know what's coming next ? So accepting not knowing allows you to enjoy the flight.
-I know...
-What?
-So probably the old man tried to fly and he never got his arms back. Poor man probably he never met someone on his way, he never used the arms for hugging anymore...
-There you are.
-Would you come with me please?
-Where ?
-To the airport, it's not far.
-But I am waiting for my bus here, I can't miss it.
-Well to tell you the truth you already missed it.
-How you know that ?
-You just changed your destination. You don't walk on the ground anymore, you fly in the skies.
The girl couldn't say anything until they got to the airport. The old man was sitting looking at the lines changing no color, at the empty walls... The girl was standing right in front of him. Her smile wouldn't disappear for a while .
-What are you looking at ?
-I am not looking, I am watching the lines.
-How do you watch the lines?
-I don't miss a point.
-So how do you see points in the line?
-You see each line is a union of infinitely many points. How to separate them , which ones' to see which ones to miss it's up to you. As careful you watch it the better you will understand the density of your life.
-Why do you think the line is all you need to watch for ?
-That's all I have , that's all I see.
-You are right , that's all you see. But do you think the dimension that you are looking at is too small , there are so many points in the space and not everything is in the line.
-When I was your age, I would think so too. Until my entire life became as thin as this line.
-How did that happen ?
-That's what I am trying to understand.
-I think I know that .
-what is it?
-Your flight got cancelled . And you remained in this airport since then. You remained between hugs of your loved ones and your dreams.
The man closed his eyes and he still could see the girl. He embraced his imaginary arms and hugged her. The same genuine smile was shinning on her face when she fell asleep in her dream.
-Time to go home,-the girl said.
The old man opened his eyes... The Ocean was hugging him so firmly.
-You see this Ocean, it doesn't have arms, but it still can hug you. And it doesn't even know that it is hugging you. All you need to do is to let go whatever you know and let the Ocean hug you. Then gently hug him back. This is it. I am done here my friend.
The man could see the girl flying in the blue skies and she would get really far soon.
If you are looking for an evidence about the old man as I do, I understand your curiosity. Sometimes we are not supposed to know the continuation to enjoy the flow of our thoughts.
As far as I am concerned I think he made the furthest flight ever in the humankind history. To be honest with you I am not interested in any other matter here. Enjoy your flight ...
© Copyright 2015 AM (anna34 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2038105-Stuck-in-a-Dream