*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2038812-Love-at-First-Sight
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2038812
Jade and Santos go on their first date

Word Count: 1,330

Love at First Sight


Jade and Santos are going on their first date. They will be meeting where the butterflies gather in the Environment Conservatory, which is a more eco-friendly zoo where animals are treated humanely and are living in a similar condition as they would out in the wild. There are also plants and flowers on display here in the gardens. A beautiful place to have a walk and interact with nature.

Jade is wondering where Santos could be because he is twenty minutes late, she wonders how someone in this day and age can function without a cell phone; she called his home phone three times and getting the machine each time. Taking a deep breath, she realizes, this is the first date and she already has an expectation of this man. She mutters to herself, "I only feel this way because I feel out of control of what happens here." Jade takes a moment to remember that she does not always need to be in control and let life just happen.

Out of the corner of her eye, she sees someone coming, waving their long arm and shouting, "Jade! Hi, it is so good to see you."

He has now reached Jade sitting on the bench and she looks up into those chocolate-brown eyes, saying, "Santos, so glad to see you again."

"I am so sorry, I am late.” Santos hands a red rose to Jade, saying, “A beautiful red rose for a beautiful lady.”

Jade takes the rose and smells it with a smile, lighting up her face, looking at Santos, saying, “Thank you. I love red roses.”

“On the way here, I came across someone who had problems with their car and I stopped to help them." Santos sees a water fountain nearby and realizes how thirsty he is from his walk. "Excuse me, I need a drink of water. There is a fountain just over there. I will be right back."

Jade watches Santos as he scampers over to the water fountain, it seems everything he does is full of life and vibrancy. She watches how his his ebony black hair keeps falling in his face because of the wind. His tanned muscled body seems to be perfect in every way, at least the parts she can see with his clothes on. Her mind wanders about what he would look like without his clothes on and she can feel herself wanting him. Watching the way his lips are drinking water, wishing that he was drinking her sensitive lips instead. Her body temperature starts rising, reaching into her purse, she grabs a notebook to fan herself. There are many rules that women go by when a first date which seem practical when thinking about them except now while feeling all this emotion throughout her body, practicality is shoved out the window.

Jade wanders over to Santos while he is still drinking from the fountain. She notices there are not many people around here and love the ambiance of the animal noises in the background playing the songs of nature; a perfect serenade for the first date. She can smell his sweet, hot sweat and bends down to share the cool stream of water with him, her eyes glued to him, wondering how he will react to her being so forward. Slowly, moving her lips to his for the first time, she can see the surprised look on his face, which is welcoming and encourages her to continue. Water is dripping down both their faces, and the urge to lick the water from his lips overwhelms her. Unable to stop herself, she juts out her tongue and catches the water on his chin, moving up to his awaiting lips. Burning passionate desire for this man swamps her senses, pulsing energy is felt pumping through her veins. When their lips meet it is an explosion of expanding hunger she welcomes Their lips seem to be made for each other, his fitting perfectly on her mouth. In this one moment, she is alive.

Santos pulls away looking into Jade's emerald-green eyes and she is looking back into his chocolate-brown eyes, both of them locked into each other in a place of attraction and desire for each other. Jade has never had this kind of experience with anyone else before, they stayed there taking in the depths of each other's soul. The eyes tell a story of each of us, while looking into Santos's eyes, Jade could feel, passion, love, desire, there is also a familiarity about him in this moment which is something she cannot explain at all.

“Mon chere. You are the most beautiful creature I have ever met.” They say the eyes are the gateway to the soul, and looking into hers, being almost consumed by the intensity he found there had him believing it. He could hardly look away, nor did he want to, because in that moment, he could see right into her very being. Some clarity he felt was needed because he just met this woman and this is the first date, he did not want to take advantage of her. He can feel this rush of energy through his body, feeling like it is running through his veins. The smell of her hair reminds him of lilacs which he grows on his property. At this moment he has decided that there is such a thing as fate which certain people are meant to be together.

He takes Jade’s soft tanned hand to his lips kissing her while staring in her eyes in the emotional connection, he continues, “I feel words do not satisfy the true feelings, I am having difficulty expressing things that are meant to be felt.”

“I feel like I am on a high which seems to go on and on. When I look into your eyes, I am not sure how this is even possible, it is like I can see a part of myself within you. Does that make any sense?”

A wave of happiness like no other has found Santos in the most happiest state he has ever been in. He replies, “Yes and no. It makes sense because I can feel something as well as you. I have never felt like this about anyone before and it is new territory.” Santos has the biggest perma smile on his face, he feels like a teenager again.

As Santos goes in for another kiss, he stops to admire her skin on her beautiful face. She is not wearing any makeup, with his finger, he touches her from her forehead down her nose, trailing her cheeks, and back to her lips, her skin is so soft to the touch. He likes the white tank top she is wearing with an elephant on the front with her black capris, and silver sandals; curious about why she does not wear any jewelry.

Taking his time in connecting with her lips for the second time, he can taste the mint on her breath as he is opening his mouth to her. His intention is to be gentle and savor the moment, he feels lost in the depths where only Jade and himself exist and his need to express how he feels is strong and over powering him; there is no thinking, only feeling each other. His arms wrap around Jade in close to him feeling her closeness against him. His hands are running through her fire-red wavy hair which she wears loose down to her shoulders with a part in the middle. Thoughts are running through his head about many things he would like to do with Jade which he cannot in a public place. Gently nipping at her lips, he says breathlessly, “Can I take you to dinner? I want to get to know you better and what better way than to have some food and conversation.”

Sounding just as breathless as Santos, Jade replies, “I would like that.”

© Copyright 2015 TJ Marie (snow_hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2038812-Love-at-First-Sight