*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2038879-The-adventure-of-the-little-egg
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #2038879
Short story for children about an egg's adventure.
The adventure of the little egg
Good evening my dear friends. Now I am going to tell you one of my adventurous story. It happened before I became a bird, when I was a tiny little egg, in a nest on a tree in a forest. The first thing I remember is the warmth of the nest. It was a mild spring afternoon, when I was born. I remember it very well. My mum and dad were very happy for me. I was very happy to be born too however at that time I did not understand why do I look so different from my other family members. My mum and dad where very nice to me. They always cuddled me and sang very nice songs for me. One day my mum went to look for some food while dad was watching over me. After a while dad started to become worried. He walked in circles in the nest looking around at the sky. "She should be back by now. " he kept repeating. Then he looked at me for a while. "Will you be all right if I go to look for your mum? " he asked. I couldn't answer at that time, but I couldn't think of any reasons why wouldn't I be. He looked at me a little while longer then he flew above the nest. I watched him as he flew some circles above the forest then I couldn't see him anymore. It was a windy night. And as the sun set the wind got stronger and colder. The branch where our nest been started to swing to the right and then to the left. It swang longer and wider, and the nest tipped and fall of the tree with me in it. To think about it I have been very lucky to fall on the nest, otherwise I wouldn't have survived. But after the fall I started to roll on the ground, I didn't know how to stop. I was just spinning and spinning and spinning.... until I felt something very soft and cold. I was still so dizzy the ground didn't seem stable anymore. I waited for the waves to stop pushing me around when I realized that I fall in the river. I started to panick. At that time I was really scared. I didn't know how to swim, I just drifted with the tide. I remember how cold it was, I seriously thought that I am not going to make it, then suddenly I hit something. A piece of wood caught me at the edge of the river and rescued me from the tide. I was on the beach. I was so relieved. I knew that I just had to be patient and wait for my mum and dad to come back and look for me. I knew that they are going to find me. The waiting was long and very boring. I watched how the moon slowly climbed up on the sky. I was not sure if my patents have came back yet or if they have started to look for me. Then in the silence I heard some noise. I started to listen. Its all have been quiet. I waited. Then again I heard the noise. They were like steps. Steps of tiny but fast feet. It was walking, then jumping. "What can it be? " I asked myself, "Can it be dangerous? ". The noise got louder and louder. "It is coming this way!" I thought. I could not run or hide myself in any ways, so I was just hoping that whatever wild animal is walking near by it would not see me. But then it reached the beach. Silence. I waited. It touched me. Pushed me a bit then rolled me back. My mind went blank I couldn't even think. It was a squirrel. Dad show me one before. It jumped around me and pushed me again. Maybe it thought I was food. It picked me up, and started to jump with me under its arm. I was really scared and at that time I didn't know but, I was very lucky. The hands of the squirrel were warm and I was so cold before. He reached a tree and started to climb up. "Where is it taking me? " we went higher and higher when I heard another voice. A chirping sound from above. The squirrel stopped. I heard the chirping again, and one more with it. "Those are my patents!" I thought. "They are looking for me!" I wanted to let them know where I was but I couldn't move or make any sounds, also I was hidden in the hands of the squirrel. Then it started to run again up on the tree trying to reach its lair before my parents could take me away from him, but he wasn't quick enough. I felt claws around me and then I knew that I was saved. My parents had came for me saved me and took me back home. When we arrived back they have repaired the nest so I would never fall off again and they did a really great job because I never did. I have hatched in a few days and we all have been living very happily again and for a very long time. This was my big adventure when I was just a little egg. Thank you for listening my dear friends.

© Copyright 2015 Venresia (venresia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2038879-The-adventure-of-the-little-egg