*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2038993-Moonrise
Rated: E · Draft · Fantasy · #2038993
First draft of a story i came up with from a picture




      The best time to see the sights of the beach is when the moon first rises. No one is around to see what comes out of the depths. I come here often, sometimes I come at dawn, but I like the early evening. Sometimes I sit in the waves and watch the sunset.Today was going to be different. I had many friends but only two I trusted enough to let them see what I really looked like.

              Delilah Stone lived on Sea Child Lane, in a large old mansion. This was her family's ancestral home.

Delilah was a powerful witch. She came from a strong line. She could trace her roots back to the witch trials of Salem.  She was understanding and very kind. She also shared the same love of the sea. This was odd for a witch to love the ocean so much.

I sat with my fins in the waves. I could feel the pull of the water every time a wave struck. I wasn't like most of my kind. I was a legendary creature. Not much is actually known about mermaids; see we aren't supposed to exist. I am able to hide in plain sight because I also have legs out of the water. My legendaryness, has to do with my being a siren.

    I also look like a normal human.My hair is long and very curly when wet. I sometimes come to town to have it blown straight. We do not have gills, even though we have fins and a tail like a fish. Yeah and about that, our fins are more like dolphins. Some of us don't have scales. There are different species of us. It's like this, you humans have different races, so do we, ours are just called species because we are all merfolk, just a different type.

Delilah did show up after a few minutes. She knew it was important for her to be here before it got too late. Young people liked to come here after a certain time. I didn't want the first thing young lovers see to be me, in all my silver finned glory. If they were normals, they might run off in fear. If they were supers like me, they would smile and wave. We don't always get to meet others who are different like us.





"Merci, sorry I got here a little late. Delores was over with the girls." Explained Delilah.



    "Ok, that's fine. How are they doing? I hope you packed something decent for me. You know I hate to feel confined" I said as I reached into the duffle bag Delilah had sat down near me.

                  "The girls are coming along with their magic. Serena seems to be the strongest, but I think they are all equally powerful. I am wondering if they will have any of their father's magic." Said Delilah crossing her arms.

      We talked more about the girls while I put on the outfit she'd brought me. It looked like it would be fitted or close to it. It was a very pale blue, with different swirls of color in it.

        Once I got it on, I was pleasantly surprised. It was loose. It almost felt like I was wearing gossamer threads. Delilah was an expert seamstress. She could make anything fit any one or anything.  This dress was fabulous. It almost resembled an Indian Tunic, but Delilah had blended this with the look of a corset. I was wearing it with a pair of jeans she had slipped into my bag. I put my tail and my  combs inside it and poof, it shrunk.  I had a little magic of my own too.  I liked to shrink things small enough and wear it as a charm on my bracelet.

© Copyright 2015 chcltroses (chcltroses at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2038993-Moonrise