*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2039187-Death-Would-Make-the-Greatest-Leader
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #2039187
A free verse
Death would make the greatest leader.

It's true what they say about the soul searching the soulless seek,
In their solely time to sell the soul they don't have to make their conscious clean.
When facing Death they bow down in fear and sing the songs the canaries chime as they chase Death into the Coal Mines.
Death takes each for their reason, but leaves all equal.
No judge to weigh their fate,
No jury filled with hate for the guilty or the blindness of their bias.

Corruption is the very suction that sucks dry the innocence of the children we leave behind when it's time to "Grow-Up"
With Capitalists playing Monopoly trading for Wall Street Journals of desperate penned signatures,
The Book of Souls sold to the Stock Market in order to Stock the Markets with people stocking their stockings with food for Christmas Dinner.
Paper money becomes the pages of the Last Testament people scribble before they follow Death into the night.

With Death, all are equal. All souls find their place whether lost or found.
Each corpse is left to eventually join its brothers and sisters in the roots of the family tree.
Our backs broken under the young who step on ribs like rungs and climb to the top, not knowing what it means to hold up or stop.

But while few reach the top 40 stories up,
We all end up 6 feet below.

The oppressed and privileged,
The corrupt and moral,
The givers and takers,
All end up on the same social standing.

And the more we try to cheat Death, the more vulnerable we become.
Because like a leader with an Iron Fist, he strikes fear in the fearless.
But like the kiss of a morphine drip he will end pain and suffering.
He is slave to fate and chance but also is predatory to opportunity.
And that is why,

Death would make the greatest leader.


Line Count: 27
© Copyright 2015 Roth Ceriphs (jamiem91 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2039187-Death-Would-Make-the-Greatest-Leader