*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2039916-Chapter-One-of-Black-Bag
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #2039916
A'Dion witness the destruction of another solar system.
Guess the council can call me hot-headed but I couldn’t sit by and do nothing while the very substance that supported so many was rapidly dying. From the stars to the multiverses matter was disappearing and there was nothing that any council, anywhere, could do about it. Neither my people of the Kail System nor the people of Blulanion System could explain why this was happening. Kail was watching as stars died unable to be reborn, causing people of entire planets to begin dying from lack of heat. One such solar system was the Archer system located within eyesight of Blulan. Part of the reason I was left behind was to closely observe Gramion which is the galaxy which Archer belonged too. As I laid in my bed I wondered what would come of it all, of me, of them, and more importantly of the matrix which is life. It was at that moment that I decided that I would haul myself before the council once more.

Even though I came from the warrior blood line of Ahjamon I always feel like a youngling before the Blulanion leading body. My large frame barely holds up my wings which is why I always pulled them in. My speech and thinking are clear, but the urgency that I feel is never translated. My grey-white skin becomes pale and my eyes narrow to the point that my second eyelid nearly always remain shut while I’m presenting my case. I guess that’s why they always remind me that ours isn’t the only home to be lost in transition and we shall count ourselves as lucky to be able to carry out decisions the way we have. I normally return home and tell my wife D’Uhmun that I tried and there is nothing to be done. Including today but tomorrow will be a different outcome, a successful outcome, an outcome where at least some of the dying solar systems will be considered.

My wife sits up with me this night as I watch nearly half a solar system blink out right before our eyes. “We have to do something D’Uhmun,” I remember telling her this over and over again. She sat there, dark skin fading in and out—a side effect of not wanting to have to deal with the fact that her people is letting countless others die in their rush to evacuate Blulan. Not that my dear birth planet of Ahjamon is better off. Some think that because the Ahjamonian has wings we can just soar through space and worry not about breathing, staying warm, or the task of freeing people from death and destruction at any cost. That is why we, the warriors of so many galaxies, have been transplanting entire planets of people for cycles now. My father, the War King, wouldn’t have it any other way.

I know my father wants me to stay at home with D’Uhmun but I feel like a loser. I’ve lost my identity. Once I had sway over the council during the pre-dawn hours of the death of rebirth. I had one too many outbursts and soon my word was taken lightly. I must do something. My wife and I stand looking out our telescope watching the lights being taken down until I can’t take it anymore and finally fall asleep. Little did I know but this would be the last night that I would be comfortable in my home with my wife. But sleep I did.

I awoke the next morning to the smell of breakfast cooking. The nice bowl of oatmeal with buttered toast on the side is what I need to get the day started. I quickly shower then put on some jeans, my wings are still a little damp so I pick up my shirt and head off to D’Uhmun and my meal. I made certain to eat two bowls because waiting in line for the council can take a while even for a diplomat like me. Normally I walk to the session building knowing I can catch some rays from the suns but today I use my transporter which means it only took half a rotation for me to get there.

The building is cool to the touch which means the heat of the two suns are not beaming as they use to when the place was built. Inside no one is talking about last night. Was my family the only one to witness more of the creation that is the matrix die? I get nervous when I see that the paint is green because the blue that is triggered by the inner heating system is clashing with the yellow. We are struggling to keep a normal temperature and considering that my wife and her people need to regulate themselves in order to transport their essence through bio location, having the suns as the main energy source is not necessarily the most stable thing to do. This is another thing that I have talked to the council about but seeing as they remain in whole due to position of prestige they’re not seeing the effect and others either are in no position to stress the importance of Blulan two suns or they are too afraid to say something. So that’s another thing that I must speak about when my turn comes.

“A’Dion!” It is my father-in-law a very important man in his own right. Once a key speaker of the council now an advisor.

“Yes, sir.” I respond.

“Did you watch the fireworks last night?”

“Sir?”

“The last stars of the Gramion galaxy blinking out. Archer is certain to be next then it will keep dying until it hit Blulan then Ahjamon. I’m certain that you Ahjamonian will be okay. I mean you are after all transporting people to new galaxies.”

“A new galaxy isn’t far enough; we need a new universe. But, yes I witness the death note that the people of Archer received.”

“I’m in your corner today. We have to convince the council ours is a warning to be heard for nothing is unseen in the matrix.”

“Thank you.”

My father-in-law is allowed entry to an entrance that only the most respected can enter. I feel better knowing that I have him in my corner today. Normally he doesn’t push, which I can understand but this is the lives of countless others. It’s time for the Blulanion to increase their contribution to the whole of the Matrix. Theirs is a planet filled with ignorance and fear. It took my father threatening to destroy this planet for them to actually believe that this universe was going through a death cycle unlike any recorded before and everyone needed to contribute. But this is to be expected from people who can transcend the laws of nature as it is known by my people. They become invisible if frighten too much which is why my father was glad that I married one of high standing.

Not that there aren’t other women on other planets but I found these people to be innocent. Now I would give anything to convince them to give up their fears and use their biology and technology to become heroes. Today I must convince them to see things my way for everything could move much faster with their help.

© Copyright 2015 Andielle (andielle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2039916-Chapter-One-of-Black-Bag