*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2040475-Day-2-Summer-Days
Rated: E · Assignment · Contest Entry · #2040475
Summer in Penterace
Prompt Two
This round we're going to look a little bit more at the geographic properties of your world.
In Europe we have four seasons: spring, summer, autumn, and winter. This is not universal the world over and it does not have to be the case in your world. Even then, the lengths of these seasons and how pronounced they are from each other varies again depending on where on Earth you might be. In some places spring brings bright sunlight and green grass, while in others it means avalanches and melt water floods.
 
Today I want you to write about summer in your world and what it means to its people. If your 'world' is a high school, summer might mean freedom, parties, and seaside vacations. If it's a near-desert landscape, summer might mean drought or an alpine setting might mean it's finally time you can start grazing livestock again.
Things to consider...
 What is the climate during summer? What are the effects of that climate on the landscape?
 What activities take place in summer? Celebrations? Precautions? What is your character doing? Is there something he would rather be doing, if duty stands between him and recreation?
 How does your character feel about the approach of summer? How do the people around him feel about it? Is it a good thing? A scary thing?

Summer Retreat


Gwen spent summers with her mother and father at the Elemental Coast. They joined Evelynn, the Grand Enchanter, at the Trellion Tower of Magi, and a few other friends and their children to spend the warmest months of the year relaxing, and getting in tune with the natural elements.

She spent half the day with her mother and the other two mages learning how to harness the elements, and the other half of each day with Taurus and his friends. This was Gwen's favorite time of year because she was able to let go of any proper decorum she observed in the palace.



© Copyright 2015 Vixey Todd (jlh1982 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2040475-Day-2-Summer-Days