*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2040620-Pokemon-BV---Vergil-Vs-Nina
Rated: E · Other · Fanfiction · #2040620
Retelling of a battle that Vergil and Nina had a few weeks back.
         Vergil stood waiting in the stadium for her opponent. For once she was quick about selecting her team decided to just go with her instincts. It was a good two minutes, the maximum time allowed for Team Preview before the lass entered the stadium. "So you're Vergil? I expected to be battling a guy." The lass said. "I'm Nina, I wish you luck in this coming battle. My team is tough I'll have you know."



         "I can't wait to battle." Vergil replied as she held a Dusk ball and a Dive ball. "Lass Nina, that name seems familiar." She thought as she watched the lass pull out two Pokeballs.



         "Go Togekiss and Greninja!" She yelled as her two Pokemon emerged.



         "I chose you Lon'qu and Robin!" the Pokemon Ranger called as her two Pokemon came out.



         On the field were Togekiss, two Greninjas and Charizard. The Pokemon locked eyes, each one looking ready to fight however long it took to obtain victory. "Togekiss use Protect! Greninja use Scald, target the Charizard!" the Lass ordered.



         "Lon'qu Mat Block! Robin mega evolve and use Heat Wave!" Vergil instructed.



         Charizard roared loudly as a bright light overtook him as he mega evolved into his mega Y form. In the stadium, it became incredibly sunny, causing the trainers to shield their eyes briefly. The Togekiss got its force field like bubble up, blocking out all attacks. Greninja kicked up two mats, blocking any oncoming attacks that he or Mega Charizard might be struck by. Mega Charizard's wings began beating louder and louder as he unleashed a wave of flames rushing his opponents. The opposing Greninja winced as he dropped to a knee but forced himself to stand. He lashed out with Scald only to have it blocked by the kicked up mat in front of Mega Charizard.



         "Wow. I didn't expect that to happen." Nina muttered as she asessed the battlefield. "Togekiss Thunder Wave the Mega Charizard, Greninja Scald the Mega Charizard!"



         "Lon'qu Ice Punch the Togekiss, Robin Heat Wave!" Vergil called to her Pokemon.



         Greninja and Mega Charizard exchanged brief smirks before attacking. The blue frog Pokemon rushed the Togekiss and hit square in the chest with an Ice Punch. Behind him, Greninja heard Mega Charizard's wings kicking up another blistering Heat Wave. The flames roasted their targets sending both Togekiss and Greninja to the ground. "Togekiss! Greninja!" the lass shouted as looked at her Pokemon, worry all over her face. Both Pokemon were on the ground, eyes spinning. Nina sighed as she called back both Pokemon. "It's ok, we can still win. Go Volcarona and Mawile!"



         The next two Pokemon took the field and glared at their opponents. There was a blue flash from Greninja and Mega Charizard indicating Mawile's Intimidate affecting them. "That ought slow your Greninja down!" Nina called with a smirk.



         "I won't be too sure. He has a nack for being a slippery fella." Vergil jested with a smile.



         "Volcarona Heat Wave! Mawile mega evolve and Sucker Punch the Charizard!" Nina called out to her Pokemon.



         "Lon'qu Waterfall the Volcarona, Robin blitz the field with your Heat Wave!" the Pokemon Ranger instructed as she watched the battlefield.



         Mawile lit up with the same light Charizard had as it mega evolved. Mega Mawile lunged at Mega Charizard and struck it with a hard hitting Sucker Punch. Mega Charizard winced as the hit struck his belly but hung on with a few hit points. Greninja rushed the large moth looking Pokemon and struck it with Waterfall. Mega Charizard roared loudly, shaking the stadium as he launched off another ferocious Heat Wave. Once the flames died down, both Volcarona and Mega Mawile were on the ground, eyes spinning.



         "I... I... I lost..." Nina stammered as she called her last two Pokemon back.



         "Chin up Nina, you have a good team. You just had a few mispredictions." Vergil replied as she called her Pokemon back then approached Nina.



         "No, you just got off to a much stronger start with that Mat Block, Heat Wave combo." the lass responded as she looked at the Pokemon Ranger. "It was a good battle, I just can't believe my team couldn't even take out one of yours."



         Vergil shrugged as she watched Nina walk away. "Hey," the Pokemon Ranger began getting the Lass to stop. "have you by chance battled another trainer named Vergil? Uses Dragon Pokemon only." She asked.



         "Yeah, I have. When I saw your name I thought you might be him. His team..." the Lass paused. "It was something else. Insanely powerful. You know him? A friend prehaps?"



         "No. I don't know him personally, but I've heard of him." Vergil replied. Nina nodded as she left the stadium. "So you have been battling here as well. I wonder when I'll get a chance to battle you." The Pokemon Ranger thought as she walked out the other side of the stadium.
© Copyright 2015 VergilZard (vergilzard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2040620-Pokemon-BV---Vergil-Vs-Nina