*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2040770-He-came-to-stay
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2040770
She knew he was not a price, yet he had come to stay.
Roaming the chilled doorways. There she goes, the fallen princess in her black inked drapes. The very drapes which competed to shine better than her milk-like skin. The dark majestic stone walls casted her ignorance in a disguise of innocence. Holding in her hands an unlit candle, which she assumed to be emitting the most elegant light of her love. Has the absence of light made her blind? She ran through the endless doorways to find her prince, the very one who chose not to stay. Alas, she returned to the same flickering moment. The thin line between her reverie and the reality. She sat through the nights watching the moon fade and grow along with her hopeful heart. And one day, she collapsed. At the corner of a pillar her heart frozen by broken trust.

....................................................

He faced the majestic castle in front of him. It somewhat illuminated extreme sorrow in its beauty. The mind warned danger yet the heart urged him to draw closer and closer. He heaved open the towering doors which gave out a deafening moan. Or were they secretly shouting out a sense of relief? With his sword aimed to the front, he made his way through the doorways gallantly. The doorways held nothing but a heavy stench of emptiness. Finally he reached. It was a room with a single window begging to let in mercy through its space. There he saw, a being crumbled at the corner of the vast room. He slowly inched forward to find a woman lying on the cold floors. Though his heart gripped with fear with thoughts of what she could possess, he hastened his courage to get closer. There he saw a ravishing beauty he had never encountered. A deep melancholy resonated through the soft curls which lay softly over her face. The lips as though struck to be still before she had uttered her last thoughts. Was she dead? Could she be something vicious? Every single thought of doubt he had slowly gave way as he held her hands and felt her slowly beating pulse. Her steady pulse and undaunting form made him empathize her. It made him want to discover her story.

....................................................

With a sudden jolt she woke up! A figure in front of her! Has he returned?! Her vision cleared from all blurriness. It was not him. She stared into a confused foreign face. He looked empathetic and signalled assurance with his eyes that he had meant no harm. She scrambled back up pressing herself against the wall wide eyed, scrutinizing him head to toe. Had this man come to harm her? Where was her prince? The very moment she realized that he was never going to come.

....................................................

She stared right at him. God. She was a beauty. She looked like a hidden full moon amidst the moving clouds. He felt all forces within the face of earth urging him to take her hand into his. Her fear made him hesitate for a moment. The next second he mustered all the courage he had got to reach for her hands and gently placed into his.

....................................................

He reached his hands towards her gently taking her hands into his. Her initial bewilderment sank to give way to calmness. Like a broken spell she came out of her sorrow. Her mask of denial broke apart. She saw a new world forming right in front of her. She knew he was not a prince. Nevertheless, she definitely knew he had come to stay.
© Copyright 2015 Elahehfiryal (elahehfiryal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2040770-He-came-to-stay