*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2040827-Simply-Lost-in-Lust
Rated: 18+ · Other · Romance/Love · #2040827
Very short start for a story.
Simply Lost in Lust

“We were lost in lust,” they claimed when confronted about why two young persons should disappear for an extended weekend.

The senior aunts insisted that everyone gather in the formal living room, making them all stand outside in the drafty, cold-tiled hall while servants removed the Tahitian-patterned, plastic covers from all the blue plush chairs and brocade sofas.

Evalyn, the most senior, settled herself into the green leather high-back nearest the fireplace, gulping down a hot toddy before she instructed Wilma, the younger, to “Let the back-biting, tawdry tramps and their spineless paramours in.”

The empty toddy cup was whisked away as a disgruntled collection of middle-aged daughters, sons-in-law, grand nieces and nephews, including the aforementioned grand niece Deborah-Alice, and her suspect lover, Dondell, a cousin twice-removed from the other side of the family—the side that no one ever mentioned.

(Great Grandfather Harold Mushe III ran off with a serving girl and had a whole pack of kids, all bastards.)

© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2040827-Simply-Lost-in-Lust