*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2040977-On-Darwinian-Natural-Selection
Rated: E · Article · Scientific · #2040977
Fortuitous Happenstances and Mathematical Probabilities. Life is a matter of numbers.
On Darwinian Natural Selection

Fortuitous Happenstances & Mathematical Probabilities

The Primordial Earth

Darwin’s principle of Natural Selection, as a concept, is a skeleton key that unlocks a single door, but one which leads to numberless rooms filled with infinite possibilities, probabilities, and uncertainties.

01. Once known by the obsolete and inaccurate description, survival of the fittest.
02. Natural Selection refers to a fractal, fuzzy logical, non-random Chaos process by which a specific environment (niche) selects for (favors) genetic characteristics and attributes best suited for survival, at a particular moment in geologic time.
03. Via subtle mutation, migration, sudden geologic catastrophe, or types and numbers of offspring, a species gains dominance or competes sufficiently among predators and prey.
04. More importantly, an environment selects out (culls to extinction) any species which lacks certain innate qualities, or becomes maladapted by virtue of small or large changes in its home environment.

Geologic Versus Biologic: The Perpetual Challenge Of Nature Pitted Against Itself.

The “Golden Keystone Species” (GKS) breaks the genetic chain of environmental vulnerability and total dependence. Harsh but fertile ecosystems are the sole spawning ground of advanced life forms. Mutation and adaptation are forced upon surviving species where random and subtle changes become uniquely suited to a wide variety of conditions. Situations whereby the original characteristics of a species which at one time worked to its advantage, now make it vulnerable to new predators, diseases, climatic changes, or the disappearance of a vital food source.

Which came first? The Chicken or the Egg?

Eggs are a very old method of reproduction which predates modern chickens. Some form of ancestral egg-laying animal splintered (evolved) from vaguely chicken-like kin and over long periods of time, eventually resembled a near-chicken, then became one. This principle is so fundamental to evolutionary thought, that to ask the question demonstrates a lack of understanding at the most basic of levels.

Perhaps the most common mistake (misunderstanding) about evolution is the belief that environments directly cause (influence) physical genetic changes (inheritances) within the DNA of living creatures. Rather, bodies already well suited for survival must, if they are to continue as a species, respond to (accommodate) changes in environmental conditions via random but fortuitous mutational improvements (adaptations).

Another response can be in the form of additional offspring, or the increased survival rate, for whatever reason, of that offspring. A lengthy past record of extinctions demonstrate the indifferent efficiency of Natural Selection as an equal opportunity employer and destroyer.
© Copyright 2015 The prodigal son returns 2023. (timtuink at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2040977-On-Darwinian-Natural-Selection