*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2041038-Hero
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2041038
rough draft of a story I'm writing
The paper grocery bag rustled as Pheobe adjusted her grip. A couple passed her on her left as she walked to her apartment in the silvery light of the dusk. As she went passed a white van a crack startled her into dropping her bag.
Pheobe looks over her shoulder to see the couple running back her way. More cracks slice through the air and one of the people fall. Pheobe is pulled behind the van by an armed twenty something man of Asian decent. His rust and white uniform indicating he was a part of Forsite Security. His name was Captine Courage.
The Forsite Security being a corporite sponsored group of "heroes" and "Villians"that have been making ratings in a new reality show. Personally, Pheobe didn't think much of them, their stunts putting people in danger, Her for example, right now.
A movement out of the corner of her eye caught Pheobe's attention an she turned to see one of the Forsite crew go down. Without thinking, She pulled the scantally clad woman to her shelter behind the van, leaving a trail of blood.
Medical training kicking in, pheobe checked the woman's pulse, it was racing. "Miss Magic?" Pheobe called to her, pulling a pen light from her purse. "Can you hear me?" 'Gods they have stupid names.' Pheobe thought.
"Like you can come up with something better." The deep voice of the Captine Pheobe looked over at her male companion. who was now loading his weapon. Pheobe rolled her eyes as she stripped off her button down shirt with shaking hands. Revealing her speghetti strap shirt to an appreciative ,
"Miss Magic," Pheobe picked up Miss Magic's hand. "If you can hear me squeeze my hand." Miss Magic did as he was told. "I'm going to pit pressure on you wound, it's gunna hurt like a bitch." Another squeeze. Pheobe placed her crumpled shirt on the wound earning her a pained groan from the heroine.
'I didn't think these battles were so serious.' Pheobe thought unsuprised when the Captian answered her. "These guys aren't the Villians on the show, they're sepritists." He explained "Well, fuck." Pheobe sighed. "Yep." He agreed.
"Not that I'm dissing you but, I don't suppose you have back up?" Pheobe asked. "Miss Magic needs a hospitol ASAP." Pheobe mentioned as she rechecked the Heroine's vitals. Her blood pressure just dropped. "All ready here." came a mechanical sounding voice.
Statled Pheobe put herself between he patiant and the new arrival then relaxed slightly. Before her stood Enki, a sentinant "robot', he lifted his arm as a seperatist made thier war arround the van from a different direction.
Pheobe flinched away as the enemy was seemingly torn to peices.. Her attention was now fully on Miss Magic. The woman was pale, heart rate hard to detect and the Captian held Pheobes ruined shirt to the huge, seeping wound. "She going to make it, doc?" he asked, looking at Enki.
Pheobe blinked up at the armoured man as he knelt down to eximine Miss Magic. "What about the rest of the assholes?" Pheobe asked. "They are being handled." Enki muttred as he twisted something at his throat. With a glow the armor disappeared leaving a very well built man. 'Nice.' Pheobe thought, earning a snort from the Captian.
Pheobe ignored the appearant mind reader and watched Enki remove her bloody shirt. He pulled a, elaborate object from his ornate belt and scanned her wound. Then a green light came out and Pheobe watched amazed as the bleeding stopped and the wound began to heal.
"She will be fine," Enki stated calmly and both Pheobe and the Captian felt relief. Enki tilted his head the spoke again. "All clear." He told them. "Cool, I'm out." Pheobe told them then stood on shaky legs.
When Pheobe got to her apartment, locked the door, stumbled to the couch, then proceeded to have a breackdown. Weakened as the adrenaline wore off.


© Copyright 2015 strawberryblack (araigeasa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2041038-Hero