*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2041361-Literature-is-great-cultural-artifact
Rated: E · Chapter · Cultural · #2041361
I wrote it randomly so that I could actually evaluate what literature and culture are


'Literature is great cultural artifact '
Culture is set of general ethics , values , religion and customs.Broadly it is passing on of traditions by learning from others.Living in a society interacting on new grounds setting forth ideals , ways or means of achieving those ideals , mechanism of ups and downs , sometimes helping others , sometimes being helped and so on all includes in culture .With the evolution of culture , man adopted many ways to entertain himself , some of those after getting refined become infotainment . Literature is species of that very type , sometimes its all about doctrine , religious documents , sacred writings etc , sometimes its sudden outflow of feelings and emotions generally based on love , peace , beauty , revenge , nature and humanity.Categorization and refinement of literature doesn't end here.It starts from the very basics and ends up at the zenith of complexity.
Oscar Wilde said , 'Literature reflects society and society shapes literature.'That is very true , a society learns from ancestors , passes on to next generations and along with this adds a lot from itself to the set disciplines.Therefore , culture isn't something constant or strictly meant to be the same rather it does change , sometimes it merges with a new discipline , sometimes it coincides with the old one thus all the possibilities go on. With this evolution , literature keeps on flourishing , growing , dispersing and it certainly keeps on affecting our lives.Literature most often is an expression of what man went through , what goes on and planning for a better future.Literature isn't the same all over the world.There are certain themes common to man like peace , love , beauty , nature etc but a place verily defines its own literature as it verily has its own culture.Residing in a village may provoke rhythmic maxims in regional language and singing it loud on beats of drums , thus a culture a culture is defining literature and man is seeking its pleasure in literature.This is how cycle of culture and literature goes on and in all this culture evolves over times which ultimately shapes literature.

© Copyright 2015 Ambreena (embr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2041361-Literature-is-great-cultural-artifact