*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2041610-An-Essay-on-Youth-Violence
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Teen · #2041610
Youth Violence is a serious issue in our culture. I hope this sheds light on the topic.
Two words: Youth violence. It’s everywhere! You can’t escape it. Everywhere you look there is a crime occurring. Individuals beneath the age of 18 are in juvenile detention as a result of horrible and atrocious decisions. Youth violence can ruin your life. By making a poor choice as a child or teenager, we can permanently damage our reputation in such a way that it will hurt us for the rest of our lives. Clearly, minors are making the wrong decisions because they are not as clear about what is right and wrong as people used to be. The world around us is full of people who tell us that something is wrong and we turn around and see others doing it.

There are many ways that we can stop youth violence from occurring. Parents have got to talk with their kids about youth violence. The majority of teenagers in gangs seldom talk to their parents. If they had, they most likely wouldn’t have made such horrible choices. Additionally, the surroundings that teenagers live in lead up in their actions. For example, if you reside in a neighborhood wherever there are gun shots fired every week, then that person may well be influenced, and commit crimes currently or later on in life.

Another way that we could prevent or lessen the effects of youth violence is to have the kids talk to their school guidance counselors. They would be able to talk to someone that isn't their parents about things that are troubling them. They would have another outlet of knowledge to help educate them on the proper and good ways to act as a youth or teenager.

Furthermore, I will forestall youth violence by reprimanding elementary kids and teach them how to recognize what’s right and wrong, and how youth violence affects people’s lives. By the time they reach 16, they will know to not commit felonies and to do the right thing. Kids have to learn this now so that later on in life they will make the right choices. It is necessary to teach the younger kids about making the right choices. In order to make the right choices we must first have a working understanding on what is right and what is wrong.

Youth violence is a major issue in today’s world and action must be taken. If youth violence is to be prevented, children and teen sneed to understand what is right and wrong. Parents need to take an active part of this process so that all youth recognize them as as a moral compass. Children and teens also need to find other people, such as a school guidance counselor, that they can talk to about things that are troubling them. With all the negative influences that accompany being a child or teen in the modern world, utilizing all of these resources to decide what the right moral choice is can be a life changing skill.
© Copyright 2015 Greydon (tomkowitzg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2041610-An-Essay-on-Youth-Violence