*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2041672-LESSON-2-WRITING-ASSIGNMENT
by Angus
Rated: E · Assignment · Activity · #2041672
Writing Assignment For Lesson 2
TEARS FOR TWO




Today was a very sad day for me. Very,[?] very sad. You know it’s a terrible thing when you have to bury one friend,[1] but it’s even harder when you have to bury two.

We were all like brothers,[?] The Three Musketeers,[?] so to speak,[?] but in fact[1xc] they were real brothers,[?] in the truest sense of the word.

And you know what else?

Not only were they just brothers,[9] they were twins; identical in every aspect,[?] but completely opposite at the same time.

Granted,[11] I hadn’t known them for very long; maybe three or four years at the most. But even in that short time we became extremely close. We were practically inseparable. Wherever I went,[?] they went,[1] and wherever they went,[?] I went. We traveled the country together. When I had to move to Texas from California a couple of years ago,[?] they came with me. And when I went back to California this last summer to walk my daughter down the aisle,[1] yes,[1] they came with me.

It’s like we were made for each other.

OK. I knew they were getting old [1xb] because they were certainly showing their age.

But it’s not like I killed them. Well,[12] maybe one of them. Technically,[12] one of them wasn’t quite dead. But if anything,[1xe] it was a mercy killing[1] and no court in the land would ever convict me. Besides,[12] he didn’t have much time left anyway,[1] and he couldn’t have gone on without his brother. And knowing how close they were,[?] I knew they’d want to be buried together. After all,[11] they came into this world together,[1xa] so[11x] why not go out together?

What made it even sadder though,[?] is that I was the only one at their funeral. No family members were in attendance,[2] if they even had any family. I don’t know. If they did [9x] they never said anything about them to me. And apparently, they didn’t have any other friends, either. I guess I was their only one. And since I was the only one there[1xb] I had to give the eulogy. I kept it short. I simply reflected on the places we went together,[8] the things we’d seen together,[8] and the things we’d done together.

I only choked up one time. That was when I began shoveling the dirt into their grave.

As I said before,[1xb] it was a very special relationship, one that I don’t think I’ll ever have again.

So[11x] now I guess it’s time to say my final goodbyes.

“Farewell,[12] my beloved tennis shoes. May your soles rest in peace.”

© Copyright 2015 Angus (deadzone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2041672-LESSON-2-WRITING-ASSIGNMENT