*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043312-Blood-Weight
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #2043312
Loosing weight can change your life.

PLEASE EDIT


Patricia ran both her hands down the front of her size two red dress then, with her right hand, she pulled a silk scarf out of a shopping bag. She held the black and red patterned cloth up admiring the colors against her skin. Her hair was now long, thick, and raven wing black. There was no sign of the gray that had streaked through it two month ago.

Last month, twenty four days ago she had been two hundred pounds heavier, wore a size 32 dress, bad skin and no life. She spent every day hiding in her apartment only venturing out to cash the checks from her mother and to buy food. Lots of food.

Her tongue flicked out of her new bow shaped lips. She was going to miss the food. The counselors had told her she would lose her cravings for chocolate and pizza. Pizza and pasta she wouldn't miss, but chocolate! She was sure she would carry her craving for chocolate to her eternal grave. At least there was no more standing in long lines at take-out places.

Of course there were trade offs. She would have to sell her mother's house in Hawaii and buy one in Alaska or maybe Canada. She had always wanted to visit Alaska, and now she could. At 300 plus pounds she hadn't been able to fit in a plane seat. Now, at 110 pounds she could fly first class anywhere in the world. Maybe she would visit Rome, after her treatment was finished of course.

"Thanks mom." Patricia said out loud to no one. Patty Smith. Two time academy award winning Patty Smith, media darling, Patty Smith. Her mother had passed away two months ago, leaving her only daughter millions in well invested dollars along with billions in property.
The clinic had been expensive, very expensive but worth every dollar. Also worth the weeks of agony she endured at the doctors hands. One hand rubbed her now flat stomach almost as if she could still feel the cramps. She patted the new muscles at her waist. Looking down she bent over to touch her toes, just because she could.

A new pair of four inch heeled red sandals graced her painted toe nails. Her nails were painted a bright red, blood red her new favorite color. When she weighted as much as a newborn elephant she wore browns and black, loose tent like dresses that hid her from the world. Now her closet was full of designer dresses, small elegant things. Small heeled stripy sandals spilled over the floor. No more flat, orthopedic slip on ugly shoes. A six inch high heeled, purple pair of pumps sat halfway across the room just touching the handle of a Saks Fifth Ave bag.

Shopping was one of the best things about being skinny. She hated it when she had been fat. Nothing fit. She not only had to shop in the fat girls stores and even there most of her clothes had to be special ordered. Sales clerks avoid her and when she managed to corner one she would refuse to meet her eyes and barely paid enough attention to her to take her money. Now, sales ladies tripped over each other to serve her.

Oh it was so worth it. The hours of therapy, adjustment classes, counseling classes. That reminded her and she glanced at her new gold watch. Her newest councilor would be here any minuet now. June was taking her to a hot new club downtown. It was the next step in her rehabilitation.

The clinic not only changed her weight but took responsibility for her mental transformation from fat to fabulous. There were trade offs of course. Her new acne-free skin couldn't take the sun and her dietary habits had to change.

A knock on her door interrupted her thoughts. She turned quickly, gracefully. Moving had become effortless, easy, smooth and such a joy. No more lumbering heavy steps on swollen ankles. No more fears that she would have to walk up a flight of stairs. No more looking for the sturdiest chair in the room before sitting down.

Patricia opened the door admitting a tall thin young women dressed in a short royal blue dress that complimented her long blond hair. She was just the sort of women Patricia use to hate. All the counselors from the clinic looked just like her, now she loved them. They were helping her adjust to being thin, sexy and in control.

"Oh look at you." Exclaimed June holding out one hand and twirling it. Obediently Patricia turned on her new shoes showing off her new dress purchased with the help of another councilor last night.


"This is a big night for me." Patricia said. "My first real outing as a new women."

June smiled and held out one hand. "Well then grab your purse and lets go."

Patricia picked up her little black bag off the entryway table and took June's hand as she followed her mentor out the door.

"So darling, how are you feeling?" June asked.

"Good, real good."

"No overwhelming hunger?"

"No," Patricia pushed the buttons on the elevator. "I mean, I am a little hungry but so far it is controllable."

"No residual stomach pain?"

"None at all. Where are we going?"

"You're going to love The Darkness." June said. "It just opened, and full of delicious young men."

***************************

Patricia did like the dark little club. She felt the music thrum through her bones as she followed June. Instead of being ignored and pushed aside by the men lining the bar they offered to buy her drinks and elbowed each other in their eagerness to speak to her. Carefully choosing low calorie sparkling water she kept in mind all the lessons the counsels had taught her at the clinic. Sipping slowly allowing the drink to be absorbed in her mouth, ignoring the high carb snacks set within reach on the bar.

The evening was something out of a dream for Patricia, good looking young men cluster around her vying for her attention. After two hours June instructed her to pick one out and join her in a back room. She choose a viral blond haired surfer type, he readily followed her. He was under her spell in moments.

"Now pay attention." June said as she stroked the side of her dates neck and pointed out the thick blood vein.

The doctors at the clinic had prepared her well for her new life. Her new body was well worth it she thought as she copied her guide and prepared to sink her new teeth into the life giving fluid.

© Copyright 2015 Laura L Alton (lauralalton at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043312-Blood-Weight