*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043375-The-Storyteller
by Ben M
Rated: E · Short Story · None · #2043375
A story i wrote in 5 minutes about a creative boy who couldn't control his talking.
His mouth was like a shaken soda can, his words the bubbles slowly rising to the top. He would try to hold his words in, try to hold back the bubbles, but they would rise to the top and fizz, exploding out of his mouth. It would begin with a thought, the hand that shook the soda, then the words would slowly rise, and stories would explode out of this mouth. Sometimes they were long and sad, some were short and funny, and some were grand adventures of noble heroes. Why would he try to hold this creative greatness back? What could possibly make somebody not want to share this gift of storytelling with the world?
Usually, the bubbles burst during Social Studies. Which would lead a teacher (Or demons, as he thought of them) to sentence him to the principal's office. (Or the devil's lair.)
© Copyright 2015 Ben M (milk_mustache at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043375-The-Storyteller