*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043773-A-Walk
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #2043773
Walking aimlessly without anywhere to go. hoping to be rescued.
          I walked slowly with everything running through my brain, I had no one left. I just wanted to run, run away into the night and disappear but I knew I couldn't do that. Just as if on cue it started to rain. The street was completely empty and deep down I just wanted someone to run up to me and not say anything just look into my eyes and see my pain and hug me. Hold me close till it was all ok again. it would be like some dream. But when I looked up for the person who would save me, there was no one, just an empty street the yellow street light flickered as I walked by it, I walked and walked. Loud rumbling shook me out of my trance and when I looked up I didn't know where I was. A rusted bench sat under a street lamp and I slumped down tired and completely drained of emotion. I was just numb. The rain fell harder now and it didn't matter. I was soaked to the bone. A train whistle made me look up, a long rattling train was passing on the bridge above me. The smoke glowed with the lamp light but soon disappeared in the distance. I looked on without any emotion, all my tears had gone and my heart felt empty and abandoned.
         The rain had nearly stopped and the train was still rumbling overhead, the moon glowed from behind a cloud and the light was a small comfort to me, I didn't know why but it was like a strange smile, I grinned to myself at how dumb I probably looked, drenched, alone smirking at the moon at 1 in the morning. The moment of hope lingered for another moment and was gone. I once again looked around for the someone who would save me, and again I was alone. A crash made me jump; I suddenly realized what a dangerous place I was in, where no one who could hear me scream. I sat back down at the sight of my deadly killer, a thin tabby cat. He looked at me and meowed loudly, being completely alone and at the lowest point in my young life I said "hi there" he just looked at me and darted after a mouse, I felt as though I might cry again but I didn't. I yelled at the top of my lungs! I screamed in anger and sadness in pure despair and stood in the broken silence. When I looked around everything was still and calm, the last rain was dripping from the train tracks and I hadn't even realized the train had gone. I didn't know what to do so I got to my feet and began to walk, walk without a destination I just needed to move.

© Copyright 2015 Feather Pen (julesverne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043773-A-Walk