*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2044453-Cancer
by Nikki
Rated: E · Poetry · Biographical · #2044453
What Cancer has done to me
Cancer...the word alone creates fear! Cancer has touched everyone in some way. I hope I live to see the day they find a cure to Cancer.

Unfortunately I think cancer grows in the soil with the roots of my family tree. Cancer has taken some important people away from me.

Cancer tore through my life like a tornado with no warning sign. We were blind sided just when life was getting good we heard the doctor tell my dad he has cancer and it's not good!

Cancer is aggressive and doesn't discriminate. It will take anyone if discovered to late. Cancer robs patients of their dignity, confidence, hair, memory, love for life and overall happiness and replaces it with fear!

I watched my father slowly suffer through his cancer just to die 3 months later. Cancer takes people that quick. It makes me sick. As family we have to sit by and helplessly watch cancer run its course. What is the purpose of all this? What did we do to deserve this?

Less than a month after burying my father my mother is diagnoised with stage 4 melanoma. Cancer was found on her brain what's even more insane not even three days after discovering the tumors they started to hemorrhage in her brain. Just like that Cancer had taken control had my mom in a helicopter fighting for her life.

In order to save my moms life they had to get her under the knife. I didn't have time to ask any questions I was just praying the doctor knew what he was doing and I helplessly watched them wheel my mother away! The doctors removed 2 walnut sized tumors off the right side of her brain! Cancer left a hole in my moms brain and now she can't use her left leg or her left leg! Cancer put my mom in a wheelchair!

Again I watch Cancer tear into another loved ones soul. Taking their confidence, self pride and control.

It's ironic actually you see I am writing this as I sit at the cancer center in the waiting room while my mom gets radiation because the Cancer moved again you see it's now on her liver and breast! My poor mother just needs some rest.

As I sit here writing I get nauseated because I can hear the radiation zapping my mothers poor brittle body. It's a sound you never want to hear. Especially happening to someone so dear. And you wonder why the word Cancer gives me fear?

Cancer has literally knocked the wind out of me! Its consumed so much of my life it's all I see! My soul has been broken by Cancer and my heart consumed with fear. Fuck you Cancer for what you've made me see and for making me hate reality!
© Copyright 2015 Nikki (nicholecombs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2044453-Cancer