*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2045578-Plagiarism
Rated: E · Article · Crime/Gangster · #2045578
Plagiarism
         When writing a research paper or thesis, the writer has to appeal to other's writings as sources of information and data for his composition. But using these pieces of information as if they were his own is considered a plagiarism, which is a serious crime in the academic ethical and community standards.

         Most colleges and universities have strict penalties toward such acts. It varies from failed in a course to expulsion from university. Moreover, the author who the plagiarizer steals his work may sues him in a court in a real case and the result could be harmful. In fact, the instructor or the supervisor would be much more sympathetic with the weak points of the research rather than a sophisticated one that includes plagiarism of any kind. If the plagiarizer were a professor, he could lose his reputation.

         There are many kinds of plagiarism. It can be that the whole research is simply bought which is the worst kind of plagiarism. Another kind of plagiarism is copying a script from the source and post it within the work without acknowledgement. Nevertheless, even if the student paraphrased this script in his words and insert it in his work in a different order without acknowledging that it's taken from other sources it will be considered plagiarism, too.

         However, not all students commit this offence intentionally. Some students do so because they do not know the academic ethical and community standards. Still, unintentional plagiarism is considered a crime and offence, and results to face the penalties of the college or university. So every student and a research writer should understand what is plagiarism and how to avoid it.
The main way to avoid this problem is to acknowledge the source of any quotations, words, ideas, thoughts, methods and any borrowed data from others because it is their own personal property.

         I think that this issue is very important because it saves everyone's rights of thinking and composing any piece of write. The roles that deal with this issue should remain to save academics honesty and to keep academic works pure. In addition, by this, theا motivation of searching for new knowledge will remain.
© Copyright 2015 BeNo InWonderland (benowonderland at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2045578-Plagiarism