*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2045984-Split--chpt-2
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Relationship · #2045984
The second chapter
Chapter two


I couldn't help but dream of those big blue eyes that had held me in place earlier. Why did he know who I was but I had no clue who he was. Sometimes I feel like I'm more forgetful than the average Joe.


"Matsu, I'm making breakfast" mother called into my room "You should probably wake up soon anyways."


I groaned, rolling over to face the clock. Eleven thirty-three. Perfect. Sleeping in was not something I did all too often. At least not for quite some time. It seemed like the more stressed I became, the less sleep I had been having. But I hear that is rather common. Throwing on my house coat I made my way downstairs the aroma of fresh pancakes filled the house, getting stronger as I grew closer to the kitchen. I flopped myself into a seat, yawning while looking at my plate.


"Hey, uh." I mumbled a bit "Do any of your friends from our old town have a blond son?" I looked at my mother with a sideways look. She didn't reply for quite some time. Flipping pancakes she seemed to ignore my question.


"Mom?" I asked


"Come to think of it," she started, almost questioning herself. "There was this one boy, he was a few years older than you, so I doubt you would of remembering him." She turned to look at me leaning on the counter behind her. "You were about two, almost three and there was a family living next door that had two boys. Both had very blonde hair. You used to play in their sandbox." She smiled at me, waving off the subject and continuing to cook.


I sighed some more. Looking at her with a tad bit of annoyance. The way she was talking, she seemed to have something to hide.


"Well okay then, nothing else?" I one eyed her, questioning her more. "Just some sandbox play dates?"


She shrugged, quickly turning around to face me once again. She looked angry like I had pressed the wrong buttons.


"Yes. Leave it be." Her voice changed with her statement my usual calm cheery mother had severe anger in her voice. She casually continued the last few pancakes, plopping them onto a plate, then she made her way out of my sight. She was not one to avoid conversation, therefore I felt like something was up. Something that would need to be further investigated.


I finished my pancakes, then called Evie. Being Saturday I wanted to do something. I was unsure as to what that would be but I'm sure if anyone could come up with something time killingly fun it was her.


"Hello!" The phone was answered by a bubbly, chipper voice. "What's up!?"


I was almost put off by how cheerful, she could be even with no sleep. Like I went to bed last night she just partied all night. Here I am, feeling like complete crap and she's just dandy.


"Uh, well I'm slightly bored and I was hoping we could do something?"


"Sure! What did you have in mind?" There was a short pause between each of our statements. You could tell she was ansi to do something.


"Uhm, you pick I just need to get out for awhile." My voice crackled abit all I could think about was those eyes. " I need to get my mind off of some things."


"Alright! Are you going to walk over or would you like me to grab you?" Evie's voice slowly soothed me, I knew after a few hours with her I would feel better in no time.


We drove past a lot of little stores on our way to where ever she was taking me, to be honest, I didn't like surprises, but once in a while I let her do things like such. If you have a friend like Evie you understand completely. She's one of those people who will see you eyeballing something and get it for you while you're not looking.


"Okay! We have to make one quite stop here, then were on our way." She pointed to the small bikini shop we had parked beside. With a grin from one side of her face to the other. "I noticed you have no beach wear, or your salt." She giggled.


"Uh, no I don't have anything for the beach." I nervously looked over to her, my palms started to sweat. I knew where this day was going.


"Great!" She squealed coming around to the my side of the car. She drug me into the store by one arm as if I was her boy toy of the week.


"Uh, Evie." I mumbled not wanting to draw attention to ourselves. "All of this stuff looks alittle." I paused for a second watching girls come out of changing rooms. "Revealing."


"Don't worry about it! It's not like you have a lot of skin showing clothing items." She chuckled at me like I was a simpleton. "Look at yourself, you need to let out your inner women lion."


"Inner women lion?" I questioned with a sideways look.


"Yes, basically you look dull, you need to sexy it up every now and then."


Evie pulled me over to some one piece bathing suits. They had holes in the sides that started at the hips and ended right under your boob. I eyeballed a pink one. It wasn't too revealing, but it did show more skin than I think I ever have above my legs. She was looking at a few bikinis. I prayed she wouldn't make me try one on. These bikinis mid as well of being lingerie. They were tacky with beads and bright colors.The bottoms where thong bottom. Like who would want that much of their but showing in public? I don't know, but I guess she does. She pulled out an orange one, the beads were white. She held it up to my body as if she could actually tell what it would look like on me.


"I can't wear that!" I squealed.


"Why not it's sexy?" She pondered


"No one has ever seen my bum, and I don't want to change that!" Pouting, I pointed over to the one piece. It seemed like it took a long time to convince her to let me walk out with one of those instead, but to my luck. Not really. She snuck the smallest size they had. Trying to get into this thing was hell. I looked at myself in the mirror of the changing room. I felt like I looked like a Barbie. But not so attractive. This bathing suit fitted my body snugly wrapping itself around my body revealing ever crease and wrinkle my body healed. I was not amused with the idea of my bum cheeks hanging out. But I did want to see if this really made a difference in how others look at me. Maybe even how Donte looks at me.


"How do I look?" I called as I stumbled out of the changing room. "I think it's a little small."


"Oh shush, you look perfect! I never knew you had such a slamming body Matsu!" She threw a friendly shoulder jab at me, I felt like her eyes were jabbing at my soul with envy.


"Really? I don't like my body all too much." I poked myself all over, flubbing around my tiny bit of tummy making small lips.


"Girl! Just wait, you'll see!" She threw a arm around my hips, pulling me towards the cash.


"Wait!" I resisted her momentum a bit, "shouldn't I change back? Them pay"


She gave me a stupid look then began to laugh.


"You'll never get into one of the changing rooms once where there, and everyone will see you do it in my car. So it's easier if you keep it on!"


I shrugged my shoulders, blushing every shade of red as we made our way to the counter and out of the store. I felt embarrassed to be on a main stretch of road in a bathing suit. But quickly enough, we were in the car and on our way to whatever body of water she had planned to take me too.


"Hey,uh." I looked over to Evie unsure if I should even be talking. "Do you know who that super blonde guy was at the party?" She looked over to me raising an eyebrow.

"Ou! Did you see something you liked?" She said in a sarcastic making fun of me tone.


"No, I just-" I paused, not knowing how to continue.


"He got really angry when he tried to talk to me and I didn't know who he was." I sighed " and then Donte came in all white knight."


Evie laughed hysterically "white knight eh. Sounds like you have quite the fan base. Not sure you need that bathing suit, then!" She looked at herself In the mirror right quick. Re applying a bit of lip gloss. Then looked over to me. "Try to have a good time!"


We arrived at Higarashi beach. The place was packed as usual. I don't know why she would bring me here, anxiety goes crazy in large groups. We made our way to an empty part of sand where we could lay out everything we had brought with us. The sun was hot where there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Everyone around us was having a good time. You could hear families laughing, water splashing. The smell of the lunch Evie had packed had my tummy rumbling. We spend hours taking in the sun, people watching.


"Do you think we could pull out the food?" I rubbed my stomach, looking at Evie with puppy dog eyes."I think I might be dying!" My stomach gurgled. She looked at me laughing, reaching into the bag. Pulling out a another bag containing some of Evie's home cooked food.


"Okay- let's see, I have Cookies, soda; some sandwiches." She started pulling different things out of the bag. Evie made everything she ate from scratch. I think it's part of the reason she's able to stay so fit. No extra preservatives or any of those bad things that our food seems to contain these days. We pigged out on the feast she had brought along. I'm sure everyone here who seen us didn't think good thoughts.


The sun started to set, and we packed up our things. It seemed like the day went by so quickly. But luckily Evie's presence seemed to have relieved some of my depression. In the back of my mind, though I can't still help but wonder; who was that man?

© Copyright 2015 TeddiTerri (tedditerri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2045984-Split--chpt-2