*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2046312-A-JAR-of-SUNSHINE
Rated: E · Poetry · Inspirational · #2046312
Sending a taste of sunshine in a jar to a friend!
A JAR of SUNSHINE

Met a friend online complaining about the need for sunshine.
It’s winter where he lives, and has been extremely cold there so far
So he wrote of his love of the various seasons, especially summertime.
His words called me out, and made me promise him sunshine in a jar.

Trees full of birds chirping early morning, and all through the day.
Wind blowing gently through the trees with leaves swaying so gently.
Insects and little bugs out hopping all over the yard where children play.
Laughter fills the air with so much white noise in the warm and balmy air.

Beach sounds and white sand seems to be the smell every where
The days are long, and the nights so short, maybe tomorrow another game of golf
Hot dogs roasting, and the sounds of music floating oh so softly here and there.
Weeping willows almost touching the ground, a willing reminder of sunshine in a jar.

Crabs and shrimp all bright orange and tasty dangling off your plate.
Ice cold water and Ice cold beer just the two things that quenches your appetite.
Sated with food, and full of life, the only thing better would be another clam bake.
Clear blue skies with the earth all warm and filled with sound I wish you a jar full of sunshine.
© Copyright 2015 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2046312-A-JAR-of-SUNSHINE