*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2046491-Darts-for-Beginners
Rated: E · Assignment · Sports · #2046491
Learn the game of darts
Darts for Beginners.


Darts is very enjoyable once you get to know and really understand the game. Darts allows those individuals that are competitive to bring out their competitive side. Those of you who are thinking about taking up darts, but are not sure or don't understand the game, I wanted to give you some valuable insight.
Darts is on the move. There are many vendors around such as, Arachnid and Scorpion. The one that is really taking over is Dartslive. Dartslive originated overseas and has pushed in to the United States at a rapid pace. Dartslive brought darts to the forefront by allowing players to throw against one another via webcam online. Players are online at all times of the day looking for opponents. Darts can be a very enjoyable activity, but it also requires a great deal of strategy. Many people view darts as an object being thrown at a board trying to hit the center bullseye. When in fact, it is much more complex than that. It involves strategy according to the different game you may choose to play.
One of those games, if you are looking to play, is cricket. Cricket is a game involving 7 different targets to hit to win the game. You must have all segments, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, and finally the bullseye. It becomes finished once you have 3 marks in each number along with the most points. Points? Where do points come from? There are multiple segments on a dartboard including, singles, doubles, triples. Each segment is scored according to the point denomination. A triple 20, once closed, is worth 60 points. If an opponent closes a number and scores, it leaves the opponent with a deficit that must be overcome using a different number.
Another very popular game that is played and is very popular is the game of 501. 501 is a number that needs to be hit exactly to win. The bullseye is often worth 50 points and every other number is face value. The double and triples also come into play when trying to win the game. For example, if you have the score of 93 with 2 darts left, you have to think what to aim at to score 93 exactly. One option might be throwing at the triple 19 which is 57 and then the double 18 which is 36. This totals 93. There are many different variations to win with the final score as long as it lands on 0. One element that is important to take note of that most beginners fail to take into consideration is, the opponent. If my opponent is waiting on 124 points and I have 174, it is not wise to throw for the finish. The finish can be obtained by throwing two triple 20s and one triple 18, but the likelihood of hitting it is very rare. A wiser option might be to throw at the larger bull target to leave 24 and leave your opponent with the pressure of winning on 124 which also, is very difficult. It is a back and forth game much like chess. There are many factors to take into consideration all depending on the game and the opponent.
If you are thinking of taking up darts as a personal hobby, heed these few strategies and you will be on your way to a successful darting experience.











© Copyright 2015 The Robmeister (robmeister21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2046491-Darts-for-Beginners