*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2046871-Not-Decided-chapter-two
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Fantasy · #2046871
The second installment of Not Decided.
“Where am I?”
Seth slowly starts to open his eyes to a sterile white room like that of a hospital that he had grown to know from when his mother was sick even smelled the same. The light burns his eyes making it very blurry and hard to focus on his surroundings. Seth reaches to rub the sleep from his eyes and is meet with a sharp pain in his arms making him let out a slight groan of discomfort.
“Ahh yes I am in school this must be the nurses office. How weak am I that I pass out from bulling.”
Seth says to himself with a chuckle.
“Are you awake young man?”
Seth turns his head in the direction of the voice but still cannot make out who it is. He can see the shape of a woman wearing a long white coat like that of a doctor a bright shine from where her face shows she is wearing glasses. The voice sounds very familiar like that of Miss Step the school nurse. His eyes start to focus revealing her beauty. Green eyes like that of emerald that has been finely polished her silver framed glasses add an air of age and wisdom. Jet-black hair as dark as the night sky and flows like a river. Her skin is a soft alabaster white that seems to glisten in the light. A smile is lightly placed upon her face with a warm and inviting shine as if to say everything will be fine. The soft features of her face show no sign of age as if she was a porcelain doll that has been placed with in a box to persevere her beauty. His heart skips a beat at the sight of such an beauty such as this.
“So is that a yes or a no?” Miss Step playfully says snapping Seth back to reality.
“Yes Ma’am I am awake now.”
“Wonderful, now let me have a proper look at you.”
Seth nods and picks himself up out of the bed grinding his teeth from the pain in his wrists.
“It seems your wrists are hurt pretty badly. Kids now a day’s…” Miss step goes off on an intangible rant under her breath as she pulls out some medical supplies form a cabinet on the wall.
“Ma’am is it proper to fault the child for the parents weakness?”
Miss Step looks over at Seth from the corner of her eye.
“What do you mean Seth?”
“We as children learn from our parents in a since we are a reflection of them. Even if the Lord has given me free will, my parents still have a massive influence on the type of man I will become. Henry and his friends are no different there is too many variables to say if they are at fault or not and it is not right to pass blame. I am just as much at fault as they are for allowing it to happen without trying to stop them.”
Miss Step grabs a stole, sets it in front of Seth, and sits down on it. She lets out a sigh.
“But they chose to follow that action did they not? Should they not be held in account for their wrong doing?”
Seth closes his eyes.
“Yes they should be punished for their actions but they should not be looked upon as evil for a wrong choice. My dad once told me “Son to be a man means to make a choice and stand by it no matter what weather it was good or bad, and if someone has done wrong to you respect that choice if you felt it was wrong tell them so but do not harbor un-forgiveness in your heart.”
Miss Step is taken back for a moment by the wisdom that this young man has.
“Your dad sounds like a wise man.”
“Yes he was.”
“What do you mean by was? Did your father pass away?”
Seth shifts showing his displeasure with the topic.
“Yes and lets leave it at that please ma’am.”
Miss steps nods in agreement never once losing her smile and begins to treat his injuries.
© Copyright 2015 Ken Jones (kenjones2689 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2046871-Not-Decided-chapter-two