*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2047851-truth-to-be-told
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #2047851
a very big responsibility
When a child is born, it does not know anything about this world, but as it grows it will start acquiring information. And the main sources of information are the people around the child. The main responsibility lies with the parents, they supply almost ninety percent of information to the child, and its very important for the parents to understand how necessary it is for the child to be given correct information. Also they should see that, whatever they are telling their children, they themselves have right knowledge about that. The most important thing is to give them correct reason, whatever may be the question, the answer should be given with proper reasoning. If the parents don't know something, then they should admit it, instead of giving false explanation. Here are some basic questions with answers, which a child may have. The answers may be different according to different opinions but reasoning should be correct.
The most basic question that a child will have is who made everything around us? Who is god? How everything we see is possible?

This question is very basic, because it is obvious. Any child born in this world will have this question. Parents generally are unable to answer these type of questions. They say that, whatever we see around is made by god, then when asked about who is god, they will say that god is some supernatural power who has made everything. And they will also show the photographs of god on their walls, and will force the child to keep the head down in front of god and always worship him. This is a very wrong approach. First of all, nobody knows if everything is made by god or not, nobody has seen it, and if someone believes it, then its only their belief, it has nothing to do with what is the truth. So if parents don't know about it, they should admit it, they should say that they themselves don't know. Also they don't know what god is, they just believe something, and on that belief they will make you also believe the same. The right thing to do is to tell their children that there are things which they also don't know. This will make the child more curious and it will find its own answers. Curiosity is very important quality to have at least when you are a child. This will result in better development of the child. We should not provide answers which we ourselves don't know, because it will degrade the child's mind and he will not be able to think freely.
There is another very important question which a child may ask. How we are born? This question will come at a later stage of childhood, but will come for sure.

The answer to this question should be very simple, but why parents make it complex is bit of a mystery. They will say children are god's gift or something. They think that they cant explain the actual reason, but they should tell the correct reason, because there is nothing bad in it, it's a natural thing. They should understand that by hearing the correct reason the child will not think anything bad about it. By not telling the correct reason, the child will find the reason by its own at some later stage, and then it will think that it is something bad, and will shy away from talking about it. Truth should be told to every child, because it is the truth on which there growth is dependent. It will not take your child in any wrong direction.

The most asked question by any child is why we go to school? Well we think that the answer is very simple, but its not.

Parents always respond to this question very confidently. They will say that in order to learn and grow we have to go to school. This is true, there is no doubt about it. But a child thinks differently. It will think that in school we have to learn everything and pass the exams, if we fail then we will be behind others. Also learning for them means learning by heart. They will learn everything without understanding just because they don't want to be behind others. Parents also tell them to compete and win. They should understand that for a child winning is not that important. The most important thing for the child is understanding. There are many questions for which the child will need answers which the parents does not know, and school is a platform for providing the answers with correct reasoning. The child should be told to ask questions and seek answers in school. It is more important than winning and passing exams. If the child understands the subjects then passing the exam will be very easy. Also competing with others is good only up to a certain extent, this will make the child jealous and insecure. The child should always be told that winning and losing is not important, improving your own self is most important. Its not that parents are doing everything wrong, but they should understand that clear and correct answers will have a huge impact on child' s life.

There are many other questions which a child will have. But these are the very important ones. It is the responsibility of the parents to give the child proper understanding and free mind. If they have given birth to a child, then whatever it becomes is their responsibility. And its not difficult at all, just say the truth. Hiding the truth and feeding him false beliefs can be very degrading for the child's mind.


© Copyright 2015 shreyans kanswa (shreyans at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2047851-truth-to-be-told