*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2048077-This-and-that
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Romance/Love · #2048077
Lifetime of observation.
I’ve known dissipation and destitution. I’ve felt the dollar stretch to its limits; the poor choice to live above ones means, continuing on with futile attempts to stay afloat. I’ve felt sunshine hold my happiness and warmth one day and be dull and intrusive on the next. I’ve watched ignorance creep into a soul and leave it withered like some rusty autumn leaf; all those beautiful qualities and promises swallowed mercilessly by the poison of intolerance. I’ve watched with a mournful sigh as friends, tried and true, fail the test of manhood, unable to lace their own boots. I’ve been swallowed by my own solitude, leaving me feeling like the prisoner who looks up into the night sky through his barred windows; terror has crept in and abated like the rising and falling of so many ancient and slumber-less tides. Through the rear view mirror I’ve watched moral dissidents disappear around the bend and become lost and doomed to be forgotten in disgrace. There have been cries for justice on a sad mothers lips and I have watched the world only beg her silence.

And yet I’ve been crushed by generosity from the helping hand. I’ve watched the spark of imagination set fire to one’s world, breathing life into true human potential! The crazed look of curiosity has been sated in untold hearts, the true magic stems from its unquenchable nature. I’ve been overwhelmed by joy and pride from watching young ones succeed and find their happiness, whatever it may look like. I’ve seen the light struggle to hold back the dark, the battle of the human soul is always being fought, even within our interactions with one another, cold and insincere as they may seem. Trust is being snuffed out by dishonesty, but it doesn’t rob one of the potential for goodness. This potential is paramount to our happiness and survival; we’re forever nurturing the flame of hope. True warmth will always come from a brotherly embrace and an honest smile! Fear not the night young poet, you can only find the rainbow by braving the tempest.
© Copyright 2015 Pen Name (mypenname at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2048077-This-and-that