*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2048104-Victory-Or-Death
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2048104
write a story about an object found in your kitchen.
At the entrance to the room, I stop and crouch down. Did it see me? Does it know of my presence so near to it's lair? I prepare myself and hope all is for naught. I can not live another day in fear of the unknown. I must enter and battle, once and for all to the death. It's or mine.

A peek around the corner and the coast looks clear. But, that is how Sara Lee got taken out. She over estimated the power of it and burned up. I refuse to go out that way.

With my weapon before me I make ready to do battle. At anytime I could be attacked. I must be careful. My eyes constantly dart back and forth. I will not be taken by surprise.

A loud humming viberates through the room from the otherside. The tall machine standing there had looked shutdown and silent. Cooling vapers escape from around the doors and I hug the walls to stay out of their path.

I run for the tall wooden structure, surrounded by out buildings, six in number standing tall and sound. I make it. I am safe for the time being. Still I have my weapon with me. A good thing I did not loose it, while on the move.

One more dash and I can silently overpower the machine of death. I just have to load my weapon into it's breach and push down the arming device. Then, only time waits.

While the tall machine is humming away to cover my movements, I make my play. Straight across the floor I go. Weaving from side to side. I am unstoppable. And at last, start the final climb to victory.

I reach the top and there before me, the monster machine sets. Waiting to unleash death upon the unexpecting. It is now or never, and I dash to it, ram home my weapon and push down the arming device.

It springs into action, getting hotter and hotter by the second. Inner strings of stretched metal turn red. I stand waiting to due the dance of victory.

Ching! It is over. The battle has been won. I have toast!
© Copyright 2015 Bearclaw (buckskinjeff62 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2048104-Victory-Or-Death