*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/204827-Never-Let-Them-Make-The-Coffee
Rated: ASR · Article · Comedy · #204827
Who makes the coffee at your house in the morning?
I am an admitted caffeine freak. I love coffee with no real preference, though I'm not all that wild about hazelnut. I will not drink caffeine free anything and have been known to leave nasty little notes taped to pop machines. I can't believe people pay good money for something so empty of anything satisfying.

Only my eldest son drinks coffee. My sweetie works nights, usually not getting home until after eight in the morning, missing the morning coffee completely. Some Sundays he will be up before me, and has far too much spunk on those particular days.

The girls drink coffee on rare occasions; usually when they can mix it half-and-half with chocolate syrup, or when I am forking out money for the french vanilla cappucinos.

This morning, after finally getting to sleep in late, I awoke to a ready-made pot of coffee. This is rather unusual because the men in the house sleep until I wake them up. This also happened to be one of Johnnie's early, spunky Sundays. Yes, he made the coffee. He poured me a cup, while I was 'otherwise occupied' and yes, I appreciated it.

Fifteen minutes later, while I was reading the paper and was half way through that cup of coffee, I realized why he was so spunky early on Sundays. It was the coffee!

I can normally drink coffee all day and all night, right up to bed-time. I know this habit isn't good for me and the ulcers are coming back. I can't help myself though. I don't drink alcohol, I don't do drugs; I do swear occasionally, but that doesn't count. I drink coffee, and lots of it.

Still, the coffee this morning was a bit... strong, to say the least. It stayed with me for hours. Those hours paid off though. I got more done today than I had all week and still had time to be logged in to my favorite writing site for a good part of the day.

Now I understand why Johnnie is so darn spunky. HE made the coffee!!






© Copyright 2001 *~* Judie *~* (judie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/204827-Never-Let-Them-Make-The-Coffee